UKBouldering.com

Kindle (Read 42204 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
#125 Re: Kindle
February 18, 2014, 08:26:40 pm
I've got a case for mine with a built in LED that runs off the Kindle battery through clips into the casing.  I think Amazon make them and it opens like a book so it feels like holding a sturdy paperback.  Not sure how much it cost as it was a present but I dont think it was cheap. 

I now have a paper white so if anyone wants a 1st gen with 3G and a case with built in LED for 50 squid drop me a PM.  The 3G is free btw... Just register it with your amazon account.

Worth it for travellers wanting to check basic web (ie news) pages for free abroad... (what I use mine for..)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#126 Re: Kindle
February 18, 2014, 09:41:00 pm
Many thanks for the replies guys. I have to admit, from fiddling with a Kindle Fire HD in Pc World at £109, I was pretty impressed with it. I wonder if they've moved on much since you had your experience Cofe?

The Hudl also looks fit for purpose (if appearing a little ungainly) and appears to have decent reviews/pricing.

CRM refers to Customer Relationship Management Slackers - a concise way of saying 'an application that allows you to keep track of your sales pipeline from inception to completion. It also allows you to keep all of your sales contact details within'. Sales Mesh on the iphone is brilliant and I was also tempted to get an ipad mini for using that alone. Alas that would be ridiculous.

I have a 3 mobile (don't laugh) iphone 5 all you can eat data plan and it's proved very useful indeed for tethering through my laptop.

In any case, I'm sure I'll have some feedback to share once I'm up and running with one.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#127 Re: Kindle
February 18, 2014, 11:04:16 pm
Already gone....

Evil

• addict
#128 Re: Kindle
February 19, 2014, 10:59:06 am
My mum got a Kindle Fire, and it seems kind of buggy (though maybe that's to do with my mum operating it!), but the iPlayer app doesn't seem to work, the internet connection seems a bit patchy (even if other devices have no problem) though it's much better after installing the Dolphin browser in place of the Silk one which comes with it (why it needs it's own browser and can't run normal Android apps is one of the main reasons I don't like it), the Facebook app on it has trouble updating properly...and it just generally feels awkward to do anything with it.

I definitely think a straight android tablet with the Kindle app is a better plan if you actually want to use the tablet for anything other than reading. Nexus 7 definitely a better bet for covering all uses.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal