UKBouldering.com

Crushing great buildings (Read 2573 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Crushing great buildings
October 04, 2010, 08:58:17 pm
(Mods- please feel free to delete if this exists..)

Is there perchance a thread on BBC's Climbing Great Buildings here? I couldn't find anything via the search function and have been a little offline recently.

If not, have youse been watching?

tomtom

• forum hero
#1 Re: Crushing great buildings
October 04, 2010, 09:11:11 pm
Erm, isnt it about someone climbing the stairs inside a chuch steeple/random tower and gabbling on about it? Well thats what I thought after watching 1 min of it then plip....

SpanishJuan

• obsessive maniac
  • two dumplings short of a stew
  • punter
#2 Re: Crushing great buildings
October 05, 2010, 10:37:18 am
Erm, isnt it about someone climbing the stairs inside a chuch steeple/random tower and gabbling on about it? Well thats what I thought after watching 1 min of it then plip....

nope. lots of jugging on fixed rope action. its a bloody good series I especially liked st pauls when he dropped down from the dome. It gave me a slight vertigo attack which was odd

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#3 Re: Crushing great buildings
October 05, 2010, 12:49:49 pm
I saw this on TV the other night and turned over, is it worth a watch then?

Durbs

• forum hero
#4 Re: Crushing great buildings
October 05, 2010, 02:05:49 pm
The "climbing" part in the title is a little tenuous.
They never actually climb the buildings, just jug up them - which is a shame as some of those castles could be quite interesting projects.

Whether you'd find it interesting depends on your opinion of architecture really. Lucy Creamer does quite a good job of sounding interested...

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#5 Re: Crushing great buildings
October 05, 2010, 02:32:03 pm
Whether you'd find it interesting depends on your opinion of architecture really.
I work for Architects so technically I should find it interesting, the reality may be another matter.  :)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#6 Re: Crushing great buildings
October 05, 2010, 02:36:25 pm
I'd watch it if they had Joe Picalli enthusing about medieval building techniques whilst abseiling down Britain's finest cathedrals.

Or maybe Pat King ad libbing an architectural analysis/critique of The Houses of Parliament with Lloyd Grossman hanging off his harness.

tomtom

• forum hero
#7 Re: Crushing great buildings
October 05, 2010, 10:29:53 pm
I'd watch it if they had Joe Picalli enthusing about medieval building techniques whilst abseiling down Britain's finest cathedrals.

Or maybe Pat King ad libbing an architectural analysis/critique of The Houses of Parliament with Lloyd Grossman hanging off his harness.

Maybe they could scale Lloyg Grossmans ego, with the fat cnut from MasterChef wearing a Whilans harness...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal