UKBouldering.com

Womens climbing trousers (Read 7577 times)

lukeyboy

• forum abuser
Womens climbing trousers
October 04, 2010, 08:48:05 pm
The gf has pretty much worn through her climbing trousers and doesn't have any others, so I was thinking of getting her a new pair for xmas. I really like the moon cypher pant, but there doesn't appear to be a direct womens version - most of the moon womens trousers seem to be a bit more lightweight. Ideally looking for something similar sort of material (or at least toughness) of the cyphers, diamond crotch, not too baggy around the feet and quite good looking. Thinking probably moon, e9, prana or similar. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Womens climbing trousers
October 05, 2010, 08:38:05 am
Sorry to partially highjack, saw several girls in, clearly the same make, striped trousers, purple with light purple stripes and I think green with light green stripes at the Works a couple of weeks ago, anyone know what make these are, perhaps some sort of yoga trouser?

Probably not exactly what you are after but my gf, who is short and thus doesn't really suit wide trousers just goes to tk maxx or similar and picks up some trousers similar to these but normally for under £10, not so good if it is raining but then that is the same for any cotton trouser.  www.yogamatters.com seems to stock more of a full range of prana stuff then the climbing shops.

SpanishJuan

• obsessive maniac
  • two dumplings short of a stew
  • punter
#2 Re: Womens climbing trousers
October 05, 2010, 09:06:36 am
E9 girls stuff has allways been well made as far as the mrs is concerned, fabric is tough and hard wearing, and it suits her fat knees  :whistle:......... if that is, you don't mind pissing allot of money up the wall (unless you find a sale somewhere), for essentially a pair of trousers you plan on trashing!

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#3 Re: Womens climbing trousers
October 05, 2010, 09:13:45 am
The fit differs quite a lot from one pair to the next so it might be a safer option to go with something you know she's already had or worn before, that way you know they'll fit her and be comfy.

Brand wise I can't really suggest much, I just tend to wear cheap leggings/yoga pants/combats from high street stores as they get wrecked so quickly and I am too tight to pay the hideous prices that 'proper' climbing brands want.  Saying that TKMaxx is a good call, they quite often have branded stuff in if you can be bothered to check regularly and trawl through the racks.

Wipey Why

• forum hero
#4 Re: Womens climbing trousers
October 05, 2010, 09:15:18 am
Sorry to partially highjack, saw several girls in, clearly the same make, striped trousers, purple with light purple stripes and I think green with light green stripes at the Works a couple of weeks ago, anyone know what make these are, perhaps some sort of yoga trouser?

Do you mean these trousers?

I've seen a few girls wear these for climbing.

SpanishJuan

• obsessive maniac
  • two dumplings short of a stew
  • punter
#5 Re: Womens climbing trousers
October 05, 2010, 10:20:55 am
Go with magpies option as that seems sensible in retrospect, or buy any trousers and a pair of
just in case they are too large  ;D

Tried looking for the striped trousers but only got hmm not sure that's the look most girls would be after, or be able to pull off.  But as I'm not a girl I can't comment. and you'd still be able to give her the braces  ;)

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
#6 Re: Womens climbing trousers
October 05, 2010, 10:31:24 am
Do you mean these trousers?

Yeah they look like the ones/similar, only mentioned it because last time I was at the works there were I think 4 different girls wearing them, I thought maybe they are the new thing and I wondered what the new thing is.  I suppose next time I could ask one of them, or try and discreetly look at the label.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#7 Re: Womens climbing trousers
October 05, 2010, 11:02:55 am
or try and discreetly look at the label.
Asking would be more sensible, and less likely to get you done for being a perv. ;)

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
#8 Re: Womens climbing trousers
October 05, 2010, 11:08:06 am
Asking would be more sensible, and less likely to get you done for being a perv. ;)
But I already lurk/post on UKB, home of DFBWGC, surely it is already too late for me?

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#9 Re: Womens climbing trousers
October 05, 2010, 11:16:19 am
You might be right.  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal