UKBouldering.com

Skye Bouldering (Read 4592 times)

LeeRobinson

Skye Bouldering
October 02, 2010, 10:55:47 pm
You Can download Gabbrofest now http://www.betaguides.com/index.php?country=scotland&location=Coire%20Lagan
just re-vamped the site - would appreciate any locations anyone wants to send my way - so I can post them up - Also North Yorkshire Moors meet 22nd october - Blakey Ridge - welcomes all

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: Skye Bouldering
October 02, 2010, 11:14:32 pm
2 quid a topo sounds like a commercial thing.

LeeRobinson

#2 Re: Skye Bouldering
October 04, 2010, 06:00:18 pm
Not at all? the Betaguides site (www.betaguides.com) is a free resource to locate bouldering in the UK and Ireland, that can also hold PDF topos from any independent topo creators (i don't think any Independent author of any guide has made a living from this without advertising)  some of the guides are free some are for sale for a small fee, considering the time spent on the guides, any downloads just get a bit of petrol money for the next trip - or maybe something off the saver menu at mc Donald's - passion for getting out there and exploring drives me and most of the other guide book creators - I have a full time job building caravans!

Anyway enough of my waffle - looked at your stuff - Impressed - not ventured over that way yet - have put a few areas on the site - are they many more? also could put up any of your PDFs on the site so people can download for free or soon i will be adding a 3rd party link to each area so it will link to your site - Cheers Lee

Greg C

• forum hero
#3 Re: Skye Bouldering
October 06, 2010, 02:02:28 pm
With the greatest respect how you work out what margin levels you are prepared to except on your guides is your business. You are charging for them, ergo it's a commercial venture. I don't think it's fair for one individual/company to be asked to pay to advertise on here, when another group gets 'free pimps' on the grounds that despite charging they are making no money.

Greg C

• forum hero
#4 Re: Skye Bouldering
October 06, 2010, 02:10:46 pm
As an aside, that's not intended as a slight on your website, which looks like an interesting concept. As you say, if expanded upon this could potentially be very useful.

LeeRobinson

#5 Re: Skye Bouldering
October 06, 2010, 06:46:01 pm
Sorry I  apologise, Hope this hasn't upset any of your sponsors?
You won't get anymore 'Pimping' from me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal