UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 32 (20th - 26th Sept) (Read 15917 times)

iain

• forum abuser

I think you mean you were tapering!

;D

Good one.  Soul Sacrifice?

That obvious huh.  :)

Turns out we have a mutual friend. I got the full story of the near benightment at Pembroke you mentioned in a post a while back. Sounded like a bit of an unwanted adventure.

iain

• forum abuser
dislocated knee cap.

:o

I don't want to even imagine how sore that was.

I'd love to be able to give you some fingerboarding advice but someone always comes along who's more knowledgeable than I am, so best to hunt through http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/board,4.0.html and other stuff like the Beastmaker site.

chillax

• forum abuser
After a bit of an absence to finish my masters, time to return to the powerclub fold! Done nothing in the last month and a half other than climb 1 VS, so feel weak as piss at the moment. Nothing to report for the last week, so for now I'll just stick up some goals.

STG (Before next summer): Boulder 7b, climb E3
MTG  (Before winter 2011): climb E4, visit yosemite and do something in reasonable style
LLTG (LONG-long term): Climb E7, boulder 8a

Back to the beastmaker now, will report back next week.

Joe

I don't want to even imagine how sore that was.

Yep hurt a lot at the time!

Thanks for the pointer, went today and had a pretty good session, got some pretty good advice there too!

k2ted

• player
STG - crimp n get finger sorted - tis getting there, but v. slow. Having own 40 degree board is blessing but cant keep off it so A2 is constantly buggered. Plan  - dont crimp for another 2 wks!!
LTG - consistently boulder v6/v7 & 7a sport with ease...

built myself a shiny new 40 degree board, new holds etc - then buggered my A2.

Mon - rest
Tue - moon/beast sesh
Wed - rest
thur - rest
Fri - PE on board.
Sat - Campin/ fishin at Harlech
Sun - fishin then 1/2 hour on 40'.

webbo

• forum hero
Mon.rockcity new problems did about 20 up to v6
Tue.nothing
Wed.rockcity repeated most of the stuff i did monday and did 3 more problems that i'd not be able to do monday.
Thu.nothing
Fri.leeds wall did all the blues,greens and all but one of the reds plus a couple of others.no grades up.
Sat.bike 21/2 hours windy as hell.
Sun.widdop struggling a lot did quite a lot of climbing but didn't get up anything new of significance.

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Goals: Pretty much as before but now refined as the season's looking decidedly passed it so: F7c in Arco in October (will settle for hard F7b+ tho). Font 7b+ this season. F8a before 2014.

M: Nowt
T: Boulder @ Rocher Cannon - Did some red's and a couple of 6's
W: Boulder @ Cuvier - Did loads of reds and retro flashed Marie Rose, Did Rhum de Fleur (sp) 2nd go - Dint feel 7a.. subsequently found out it's not with the obvious sloper (grumble, grumble eliminate grumble) - There goes the tick!
T: Hungover - Stretching and yoga then did 25 or so blues at Sabots.
F: Rained off.
S: Boulder @ Rocher Fin - Intermittent showers, did some reds and 6's..
S: Boulder @ Buthiers - Did Neil's new 6b (6b my a**e!). Pulled on Nemesis with sand on me boots, stepped off and cleaned boots, pulled on and crushed!  :shrug: So close to my first 7a flash but still so far  :'(

Good week in the forest... Now back on with the PE for Italia!

:D

IS2

• addict
60 Next month probably need to start training after 40 years random activity.

STG Font last week of October: Feel steady on highball 6's perhaps settle score on one or two outstanding 7a projects.
MTG Enjoy the grit through to March / April keen to go get back to Widdop and other esoteric places in the deep south.
LTG Retire, get really fit and do good stuff across the globe.

Shall recap last week.

S First return to Grit good Brimham circuit nothing too hard but felt good.
M Did 40 mins on board after getting in from work about seven.
T Random stretching
W Did nothing other than work .. got in about nine knackered.
T Good session at Byker Church making up probs on the 45 and doing them !! Then tried to do the Blue circuit probs that are left to do wasted .... got excited by new campus board... injury imminent when it opens.
F Food and drink out, then was tempted by a nice Burgundy calling from the " stash".
S Bad head ... off to the Stone today + nice Lakes Hotel... will plan training strategy over dinner !!

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Mon- Nothing but walking back from work.
Tue- Bouldering indoors in evening. Going well on vertical/ slabby, but burnt off steep stuff by virtually everyone. Must get stronger.
Wed- Feel fine after previous evening climbing. Success! Walk to and from work. Go to wall with mate to realise it's currently top-rope only  :wank: Top-rope 100m+ up to UK 6b
Thur- Feel great. Endurance has magically returned. Rest.
Fri- Nothing but walk back from work. Drive to Lakes in evening.
Sat- 7 pitches plus 60 minute steep walk-in. Excellent day.
Sun- 120m scrambling approach, more scrambling to reach routes, couple of hard (for me) routes. Long walk-out. Even better day!

Achieved mini-goals of regaining practical recovery time and having succesful Lakes trip.
New mini-goals are gaining enough strength to not be embarrassingly poor at roofs etc. and to increase cardio fitness to something resembling that of Lakes-based friends.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal