• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#50 Re: Sh!te crags
September 22, 2010, 05:00:28 pm

Controversial... :whistle:
[/quote]

:lol:

and whilst were on it, if cant handle the quarries, feet get too dirty, too much bracken rash, no one to look round at for re assurance of your wadness at the fact your about to onsight E4, when actually in reality, that E4 feels E5 at least and the ground is a bit higher than your used to, the rock doesnt feel quite right and you cant get away with blagging a smear, the gear looks a bit iffy and pegs, shit not the pegs and wait ah ah oh wait... thats it, good bye, your in the car with that look on your face, you know the one when you were a kid and you'd just shared a night in a tent with your mate, and you cant quite work out what you both just did to each other... Thats it its the truth and the truth hurts you've been :spank:

:kiss1:

tomtom

• forum hero
#51 Re: Sh!te crags
September 22, 2010, 10:13:34 pm

Allegedly, Ijaz Butt recieved a phone call from some bookies who apparently said that 'Pex was sh!te'.....

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#52 Re: Sh!te crags
September 22, 2010, 10:53:40 pm
Is that the same bookie who took a bet on Yorks vs the Peak?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#53 Re: Sh!te crags
September 22, 2010, 11:37:38 pm
stirrup boulders anyone?

milksnake

• menacing presence
#54 Re: Sh!te crags
September 25, 2010, 01:43:25 am
Was trying to think of somewhere to post this and for some reason this thread came to mind (it certanly doesn't deserve its own thread).

:off: but what the hell.

tomtom

• forum hero
#55 Re: Sh!te crags
September 25, 2010, 06:53:26 am
 :bow: superb. One of the funniest climbing films I've seen...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#56 Re: Sh!te crags
September 25, 2010, 10:02:44 am
Been posted in one of the climbing vids threads before, but is world class.

The Aaronator

• menacing presence
#57 Re: Sh!te crags
September 30, 2010, 11:59:31 pm
http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=136962

"that 'kind of thing' happened once! I won't disagree with the sentiment that the easy routes at Castlebergh aren't very good but that is not the same as being dangerous and over the course of the last 18 months surprisingly little has fallen off despite their loose appearance. Of course it is recommended to wear a helmet because, like all easy yorkshire limestone, it is possible to dislodge small rocks." (chris_j_s)

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=426911&new=6050811#x6050811

Optimistic...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#58 Re: Sh!te crags
October 01, 2010, 09:56:36 am
Jesus what a tottering pile of wank.

chris_j_s

• menacing presence
#59 Re: Sh!te crags
October 01, 2010, 10:25:46 am
No, not optimistic, just trying to keep a sense of perspective.

Despite being the the loudest moaners (and scare mongerers) none of the bunch who regularly comment on the Castlebergh (Jamie Bankhead, 'Bulls Crack', yourself maybe) have ever been there.

I give an honest assessment of the crag - I did just that earlier on in this thread. I've been on the easier routes and, yes, they are quite shit but lots of people have climbed them (and seem to enjoy them :shrug: ) and I often see the same people back time and again on those routes. Outrageously, nothing untoward normally happens! I have also climbed the harder stuff at the crag many times (6c - 7a+) and these routes are solid and surprisingly good fun (fun IMO just to be clear) but, of course, they are nowhere near world class routes!!

:-\ ...on second thoughts scrub all that and please continue to winge and whine and groan about it - it'll keep it quieter for me.  ;D

Stubbs

#60 Re: Sh!te crags
October 01, 2010, 10:46:45 am
I have also climbed the harder stuff at the crag many times (6c - 7a+) and these routes are solid

This seems to be key on Yorks limestone: grade >f6c = climbing on rock, grade <f6c = climbing on tottering death choss pile.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#61 Re: Sh!te crags
October 01, 2010, 12:22:11 pm
Are the harder routes all three star classics (comparable with *** routes at Malham Kilnsey Gordale) then??

chris_j_s

• menacing presence
#62 Re: Sh!te crags
October 01, 2010, 12:34:43 pm
Are the harder routes all three star classics (comparable with *** routes at Malham Kilnsey Gordale) then??

Nope, not at all. A case of new developers being over enthusiastic about their work I think.

IMO a small handful of them are probably worth 2 stars so take one star off everything there and it's probably closer to the truth.

The Aaronator

• menacing presence
#63 Re: Sh!te crags
October 05, 2010, 11:27:59 pm
Robin Proctor's Scar....

Mrs Aaronator seems to think that this'll be a good place for her to climb. What do you think? I have not been there before so I don't know if its worth the drive or the walk.

I really am trying not to be to pessimistic about this but...

IS IT SH!TE

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal