UKBouldering.com

The monster of chillis (Read 2278 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
The monster of chillis
September 10, 2010, 12:01:28 pm
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/new-chilli-could-take-world-record-say-producers-2075143.html

"If you ate one right now you couldn't work, it would be like putting acid in your mouth. I have had one and I would never do it again. People think it can't be that bad but it's phenomenal. It's at least 10 times hotter than a phall curry."

Asked why anyone would want to eat a chilli pepper so hot, Mr Woods added: "I think it's a British thing. Everyone wants the biggest, the strongest, the fastest car. Why have the third hottest chilli when you can have the hottest?

:o becasue it might be an experience akin to pleasure rather than agony, hospitalisation and injury or death perhaps?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: The monster of chillis
September 10, 2010, 12:13:50 pm
Sounds good!  The Dorset Naga was rated higher than the Bhut Jolokia, and if the report on that page for the SHU is to be believed then this new one isn't the hottest and the Dorset Naga remains.

Eating a Dorset Naga...

(P.S. Should probably be merged into Some like it hot).

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#2 Re: The monster of chillis
September 10, 2010, 07:29:43 pm
You should get on the Home Grown boy's videos, much better reviews (and occasionally funny too).  Now the new team is going it's been quite good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal