UKBouldering.com

6 week strength program (Read 3467 times)

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
6 week strength program
September 08, 2010, 08:53:07 pm
Does anyone use a good training cycle that is going to give result in 6-8 weeks? I have been inured and need to get back up to strength (fingers mainly) quickly for a trip.

Cheers

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: 6 week strength program
September 08, 2010, 08:59:34 pm
fingers don't 'do' quickly... but I found repeaters to give pretty quick results, try the Beastmaker site for details.

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#2 Re: 6 week strength program
September 09, 2010, 09:54:38 am
i hurt my back a few months ago and was layed up for a month and a half, i was piss weak when i came back, its now 8 weeks later and i am now back to my best. 3 board sessions a week and a few max hangs on rest days has been my routine, seemed to work well. I would have thought you could achieve reasonable gains in 6 weeks, i find it never takes to long to get back to strength, its getting past it that takes the time.

chris05

• forum abuser
#3 Re: 6 week strength program
September 09, 2010, 09:58:17 am
i hurt my back a few months ago and was layed up for a month and a half, i was piss weak when i came back, its now 8 weeks later and i am now back to my best. 3 board sessions a week and a few max hangs on rest days has been my routine, seemed to work well. I would have thought you could achieve reasonable gains in 6 weeks, i find it never takes to long to get back to strength, its getting past it that takes the time.

Not sure you have quite got the hang of these rest days krank..... ;)

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#4 Re: 6 week strength program
September 09, 2010, 10:13:59 am
i said the very same thing to someone else on here who was doing some hangs on rest days, it seems to work well though. Its only 4 hangs and rest days are for slackers.

chris05

• forum abuser
#5 Re: 6 week strength program
September 09, 2010, 10:19:30 am
hmmm interesting, I always tend to think such a short session probably isn't very worthwhile. I realise short intense sessions are best for power but just thought 4 hangs might be too short. Perhaps I'll give it a go...

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#6 Re: 6 week strength program
September 09, 2010, 07:32:50 pm
Not sure you have quite got the hang of these rest days krank.....

Quote from: Andy Pollit (probably)
I don't even get an erection on a rest day

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal