UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 29 ( 30th Aug -5th Sept) (Read 6783 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
UKB Power Club Week 29 ( 30th Aug -5th Sept)
September 07, 2010, 08:53:47 pm
I'm so sorry for the server crash and the loss of the previous posts  :wall:

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Goal: Oak. 10,000 8a nu points

M.Dovedale. Got Arch Enemies 5th redpoint
T.
W.Board/s Doing Oak type moves
T.
F.
S. Cornice. Had a couple og goes at Dirty Old Man. Then did mileage
S. Eve. Ihr on board doing Oak type moves

tomtom

• forum hero
M: Hangover AM (post wedding), Lunch (Oysters!), Gentle 1/2 hour bouldering
T: Bouldering Teregastel followed by beach.
W: Walk, beach, little bouldering
T: Ditto
F: AM Bouldering, PM Lunch (3 hours  :) )
S: Drive home (via a cheeky hours puntering) > ferry etc..
S: Continue drive home

chris_j_s

• menacing presence
M: Routes at Kendal. Started strongly but faded badly towards the end. Slightly disappointing.
T: Circuits at Ingleton. Pleasingly made further progress. Worked out a new circuit to progress onto soon.
W: Rest
T: Routes at Castleberg. After warming up managed to lap a very bouldery 6c+ 5 times. First realisation of what I am gaining through all this PE training!
F: Repeaters
S: Short routes session at Castleberg followed by first feet on campussing session.
S: Walk in the lakes.

chris05

• forum abuser
M: was supposed to be going surfing but webcams looked rubbish so sacked it and headed to the churnet bouldering.
T: 45min beastmaker, 4m run, core (400 moves) & elbow exercises
W: 60mins beastmaker, core (400) & elbow exercises
T: 4m run, core (400) & elbow exercises
F: rest (drove to pembroke)
S: two surf sessions & 5/6 mile walk
S: am: surfing, pm: drive home

Had a calf strain this week so have taken it easy on the running, will test it again today. Not much climbing but good to be getting back to the fingerboarding. Great to get out surfing again, its been too long, nice to feel the old aches in muscles I had forgotten about this morning!

I wont be able to post until very late next week as I'm up in Scotland for a wedding and a birthday.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
M – Tradding at Chee Tor. 5 routes to E2.  It was a bit damp and very soily which made everything a bit tricky.
T – A lovely long’ish eveing run around and over Chinley Churn with the dog. Fairly fast pace but felt pretty good and fit.
W/T/F – Nowt but work and travel but I did a few cursory press-ups on one of these days.
S – Early morning run with the dog around Eccles Pike
S – Hungover after a surprise birthday party.

Not sure about this week as I have a cold. Went for a run yesterday evening which was OK though

iain

• forum abuser

Mon: was still in Pembroke
Tues: Knackered from Pembroke
Wed: Still knackered
Thurs: Fingerboard, poor session, maybe still knackered?
Fri: diy, 6 hours
Sat: diy, 10 hours
Sun: diy, tip visit, 4 hours

20 hours of diy over 3 days, I'm counting that as training, not sure for what though.
Mystified as to why previous owner thought it was a good idea to skim plaster over existing wallpaper???  :wank:

S – Hungover after a surprise birthday party.

Yours? Happy birthday if so  :beer2:

andybfreeman

• menacing presence
Goals as before

M - got back from the dam. still a bit spaced out so decided against driving 5 hours for what what most likely would've been a poor couple of hours climbing in Devon with my brother
T - work then drive to London in the evening
W - work in London followed by session at the Arch in the evening. Felt fat and weak. didn't climb anything > V5 and generally felt crap
Th - work in London followed by a session at the westway in the evening. Great set of problems on comp wall and felt better than yesterday. still didn't manage anything > V5 but increased volume of 4s and 5s compared to yesterday
F - work in London then drive back to Bristol. 5+ hour journey home destroyed psyche for evening training
Sa - light circuits session at TCA. planned as a recruitment exercise for Anstey's on Su
Su - rain, rain and more rain! my brother's gf was already in Devon and let me know it was still pissing it down by lunchtime so gave up on Anstey's and went to TCA instead. Good session doing laps on red 7a circuit. feeling fitter day by day

Weight had spiked to 72.7 on Tu after Amsterdam, a truly terrifying 7kg up on Th morning of last week!! Presumably some constipation involved as weight has dropped although still up on pre-hol. Plan to be a bit more scientific with my diet and max out the training next week to get back into shape. Need to be lighter and fitter o have a chance of doing CS this season

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
family holiday so nothing but some swing pushing, shoulder rides and a gentle bike ride with toddler attached.
managed to resist many temptations and was only +2lb at the post break weigh-in.

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Goals: Remember what I did last week after server crash.... and do some routes.

M: Climbing @ Chapel Head Scar - Did Tufa King Hard with a hangover, fell off a 7a, did some sixes.
T: Kitchen
W: Kitchen
T: Kitchen
F: Nowt
S: Routes at Kilnsey - Did nerve ending (F7b) 1st redpoint.
S: Chill in York with family.

Dint do as much as I'd like due to DIY shizzle.. Did do me first F7b of the year and a route I've wanted to do for years though so all good..

This week: Do more, climb more, get psyched for Font in 2 weeks and Italy in 5... YYFY! 

webbo

• forum hero
Mon.leeds wall big session.
Tue.2hr walk with missus.bike 1hr 40 mins.
Wed.go to wall shut.bike 4hrs stuffed.
Thu.bike 1hr 30 mins.
Fri. leeds wall short session.
Sat.went to rowtor but someone was being rescued by the mountain rescue.so went to cratcliffe rhs repeated a v6 and a v5 twice did another v6 which felt about v3.
Sun.bike 3 hrs.
did something every day but still ended the week fatter than when i started.

Charles

• addict
Goals: Onsight F7b in Mallorca (23rd Sept - 4th October)

Monday - nowt.
Tuesday - Depot. Circuits. Failed on 6th or 7th circuit (about F6c/+). This is about right.
Wednesday - nowt.
Thursday - Depot. New problems up so went round trying them. Flashed many. Tried F7c on circuit board, failed on last move. Doh!
Friday - went to Bristol for wedding.
Saturday - wedding. Big session.  :beer2:
Sunday - came home.

Too late for process goals now. Focussing in on the one - 7b in Mallorca!! Hopefully all my playing on the big roof at the Depot will put me in good stead for Phantomas at Port de Soller. Gonna try some of the DWS stuff too.

Luthor

• menacing presence
M - 
T - Bouldered at the Works
W -
T - Bouldered at the Works
F -
S -
S -

Not much time this week...

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Short term goals
Do the Cadshaw run (7.8km) in under 40 minutes
Do my local cross country (5.8km) in under 30 minutes (big ask I think)

Medium Term goals
Climb font 7c in 2010 (a bit ambitious maybe).
Lose (almost) a stone initially (aim for 83kg)- also a bit ambitious!
Do my Winter Hill run in under 43:12 (average 10kmh).
Finish off my remaining esoteric Lancs Quarry projects.

M-  BH Monday at Burbage South with Nik at Work and other familes.  Did Crash n Gurn a few times.  Should have done the first move of Talk to Me Martin.  Fell off the last move of the Rib.  A beer and a pub tea.
T-  Ran my local 5.8km in 30:24, not too bad.  Wine.
W-  Brief session at Woodwell doing the usual easier things.  Met Scraggadoo  :wave:  Made some progress on Not Bad Dave.  Wine.
T-  Ran the local 5.8km in 31:51, too hot and set off too fast.  Booo.
F-  Dad visiting, so ate a lot.  Wine of course.
S-  Went to a friend's 50th.  Newcastle Brown/ Bitter etc, then wine at home with some friends.  Broke a wine glass and spilled red wine all over the white sofa.  Boss unimpressed.  Said friend sat on a chair and smashed it.  All good fun.
S-  A day of re-wiring with Dad.  Confusing as whoever wired the lights up must have been pissed.

Monday weigh in (6/9/10) of 84.2kg.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal