UKBouldering.com

campus or what? (Read 1771 times)

Shaun

• regular
campus or what?
August 25, 2010, 08:00:24 pm
After a summer concentrating on running Im wanting to do a month or so of training to get in shape for the winter (bouldering).

Im thinking I should get a pass for the works which is near where I live and maybe have a go at campusing, alongside some longer circuit sessions.

One of the reasons Im thinking of campusing is Ive a young family so Im limited by guilt how much time I can spend at the wall and I could just nip in for a campus session.

I guess its obvious I havent done any campusing before so any suggestions of routines would be great.
Ive bouldered up to 7b in the past  , only managed 7a last winter.
Cheers Shaun

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: campus or what?
August 25, 2010, 08:27:18 pm
One of the reasons Im thinking of campusing is Ive a young family so Im limited by guilt how much time I can spend at the wall and I could just nip in for a campus session.

Get a fingerboard and set it up at home, use when nippers are in bed and your partner is otherwise occupied.  Save yourself a fortune on wall fees. Less people around to motivate than at the wall obviously, but probably worth doing anyway.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#2 Re: campus or what?
August 25, 2010, 08:55:38 pm
 :agree:
fingerboard, pullup bar and rock rings have been my staple training for two years. It's not the best but far better than nothing.
you'd be amazed at when you can fit in a session - while the kids are in the bath, first thing in the morning, last thing at night, you only need 45 minutes for a decent workout.

Shaun

• regular
#3 Re: campus or what?
August 26, 2010, 09:39:24 am
thanks for replies but ahead of you on that one, have bar and fingerboard...Is this better than campusing for quick restoration of power?

I fear that im not psyched enough for just training on my own.Buying an expensive monthly pass would make me train.maybe this is a bit daft.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal