UKBouldering.com

The Crypt (Read 2393 times)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
The Crypt
January 20, 2004, 08:57:19 pm
Just to let anyone who might be interested know, Awesome Walls in Liverpool are opening a new bouldering facility! :D Essentially a cave set-up in the basement of the existing building. Having had a sneak preview I can guarantee that it's going to be brilliant. From slabs to a horizontal (I kid you not) overhang, this place will be the dogs bollocks!! Not sure about opening times yet, but will keep people posted as and when i get news. Boulder UK no more! :lol:

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#1 The Crypt
January 23, 2004, 07:46:13 am
psyched on the new venue, pity its going to be open just as the better weather is coming in. I hope Dave dosen't crank the prices up, cause a 5 a pop if freakin loads even for viva "weekly pass" hate..

will it make upstairs defunkt tho? or will upstair become even more of a top-end training room?

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#2 The Crypt
January 23, 2004, 11:15:53 am
Hopefully not kid! I think that the upstairs bouldering facilities will (if anything) be aimed more at the begginers with loads of easier probs, leaving the serious stuff to us wannabees downstairs :lol: . I'm not sure about the prices, there's been talk of maybe having a seperate entrance fee if you just want to boulder downstairs but this is only talk and I'm not in a position to confirm or deny! The stairs are going in this weekend, probably started already. Can't wait for the grand opening :D !

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#3 The Crypt
March 01, 2004, 11:06:53 am
Just to update everyone on the Crypt. It's up and running and well worth a look if the weather's shit! Nothing below V3 (apart from the traverses which are french sport graded) but loads in the V5 to V7 bracket, all set by Mr. Jamie Cassidy. For photo's and other info, check out the awesome walls website; www.awesomewalls.co.uk.
Enjoy! :D I know I am!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal