UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 26 ( 9th-15th Aug) (Read 13381 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
remaining August goals - RP 7c, OS 7a, E3
2010 goals - 8a (now feels unlikely after first acquaintance with one), 7C, E4

M
T - Went back to try Sturgeon confident that it would go easily after Friday's effort but got nowhere near.  In retrospect I think I rushed into it without properly reacquainting myself with the routes intricasies (footwork & clips mostly) so ended up relearning on redpoint.  Showed myself up as a novice redpointer there I think.
W - went exploring the last few bits of Burbage North I'd not visited, had a fun couple of hours soloing 10 new (to me) routes.
T
F - couple of hours at Rubicon, retro flashed the roof but was shut down by usually doable problems and by a first crack at HFC.  Seems three months of route climbing is leaving me weak.
S - slow journey to Wales, um & arr a lot and eventually end up at Gogarth, couple of nice routes on South Stack
S - um & arr a lot and go to Dinas Mot because it's dry, couple of nice routes on the nose, slow drive home.

Shame about Sturgeon but five days out and a weekend away so musn't grumble.

Luthor

• menacing presence
goals - stay fit for the grit!

m
t
w - bouldering session at the works
t
f - bouldering session at the works
s
s

Another quiet climbing week as busy otherwise. Couple of good sessions at the works, proper warm up and then working through the yellow circuit, even managing to tick some :-)

uptown

• junky
Congrats to Andy F - inspiration for us all.  :beer2:

I had a familiarisation week on Love amongst the butterflies and Grooved arete, and managed Bored of the lies too, an excellent bit of climbing. Also managed some chin-ups whilst at Becketts park playground with A, combined with a 2mile pushchair circuit.

Charles

• addict

Monday - nowt
Tuesday - nowt
Wednesday - went to London
Thursday - Depot. Managed to flash F7a+ circuit and do F7b+ circuit first go. Chuffed but ruined.
Friday - nowt
Saturday - beers.
Sunday - Dib Scar. 5 routes onsight from F5 - F6c+.

A reasonable week in terms of quality over quantity. I need to start trying to onsight harder things. When time is limited though, it's hard to persuade yourself to spend half that time failing.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I'm away for a dirty weekend till next tues so please start without me..

boulderingbacon

• menacing presence
stg get down to 14 stone
ltg get my old strength back and climb a 7a by the end of the year

monday some pullups and fingerboard
tuesday rested(would normally run but got a skin infection so not allowed to sweat else it will spread)
wednesday fingerboard, pull ups, pressups, situps
thursday just a few pull ups to keep loose
friday rested
saturday flexibility exercises and some fingerboarding
sunday rest

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal