UKBouldering.com

Who the f*ck is "Woody" from The EpiCentre? (Read 5357 times)

The Vicar

From my reading of the thread on cocktalk, (http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=418160) he seems to be some embittered fuckwit who used to climb, but now sits behind his work computer talking bollox about climbing in the Lakes. He doesn't seem to have a clue, yet spends a lot of time pissing on the efforts of others which, the last time I went to St Bees (last week) are massively appreciated by those who climb there. I've been climbing in the Lakes for the last five years and I've never heard of him, so if anyone can shed any light on who and what this moron is/used to be I'd be interested. I might drop into  "The EpiCentre" (wassat?!) and introduce myself next week!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Why bother worrying about it?
If they sound like a twat, just troll them whenever they post.

underground

• forum hero
That's Stuart Wood - used to manage the Rock+Run in Ambleside. He says he's 'well placed to debate this', and actually, I think he probably is. I don't necessarily see eye to eye with the bloke, but I wouldn't doubt his input into Lakeland rock. Have a look at the FA lists in the FRCC guidebooks etc.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:49:28 pm by underground »

shank

woody is legend and done some amazing routes and helped many young climbers and older ones ? just meet him but don't drink pint for pint with him ?

The Vicar

Right, I've asked around. You're right, he's done some good routes 15 years ago, but he is now just an internet wind up merchant who doesn't represent any lakes climbers i know! That thing about chatting to him but not having a pint with him implies that he's one of those gobshites who usues his size (i.e. fatness) to intimidate people. Sounds like a total knob. I'm not bothered about replying to him, I just wanted to know what he actually was, and I think sad old has been just about does it. Love it! CockTalk strikes again.

shank

you are right on all parts ?but let him rant on as cocktalk is a laugh  :agree:

Paul B

• forum hero
the full stop button is actually next to the question mark?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Who the fuck cares about someone trolling cocktalk?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Who the fuck cares about someone trolling cocktalk?

Shitheap it Mike ?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal