UKBouldering.com

Training on one rung (Read 2149 times)

Chippie

Training on one rung
July 17, 2010, 09:01:22 pm
Ok, Because the g/f won't let me put up a fingerboard >:((it's her house) i'm stuck with only one campus rung above the door.

Now since i've never used one rung in isolation to train on i have no idea of what sets, reps, timings and which fingers to use.

Any program you could come up with would be great.

Cheers.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: Training on one rung
July 17, 2010, 09:03:23 pm
Have a look at the Beastmaker site, plenty of ideas on there that you could do with a single rung, depending on your level and the rung size.

Chippie

#2 Re: Training on one rung
July 17, 2010, 09:08:23 pm
Cheers,
it's a home made rung 1 1/4 inch with a 10deg slope rounded over.  i haven't climbed for ages due to work but now i'm on the dole i have the time to train but know i need to take it easy.

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Re: Training on one rung
July 17, 2010, 11:33:40 pm
You can do almost everything you can do on the beastmaker on a rung if you have the imagination. Just use the BM repeaters and Encores. Instead of pockets just use two fingers, mono's one finger etc.

If that doesn't suit then you could always go the powerbar/highball climbing + Beastmaker setup. Its completely removable and therefore should keep your g/f happy.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#4 Re: Training on one rung
July 18, 2010, 09:07:44 am
training on one rung made unclesomebody the man he is today...

Chippie

#5 Re: Training on one rung
July 18, 2010, 09:21:20 am
Cheers Paul,

I'm far from the stage of using less than all my fingers, last night i had a session and did hangs with the timing as 7 on 7 off and a 2 min rest between sets (3 sets). I think if there were report cards for training mine would read "Chippie must try harder!" lol.

Loner,

I remember seeing that somewhere and tried to find it but couldn't, obviously not looking in the right place.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#6 Re: Training on one rung
July 18, 2010, 09:32:44 am
my reference to uncle was slightly tongue in cheek ;D
if uve not fingerboarded for ages i'd just hang half-crimped n open handed for a fortnight or so, trying nothing fancy just getting the fingers used to it again. i'd also increase your rest times to prob a minute carrying on with hanging for about 7 secs prob doing or building to 10 sets of each. once a day for few days then twice a day. rest on third day. just do this n it will work

Chippie

#7 Re: Training on one rung
July 18, 2010, 09:39:18 am
 can remember seeing the pic of the rung above the doorway.

Cheers for the advice, i'll take it on board :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal