UKBouldering.com

[Peak] [Tideswell Dale - Freda's Buttress] [Various] [5+ - 7C+] (Read 4460 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Here's some stuff me n' the Pole developed eons ago, on a tip-off from Dan Warren. All located on Freda's Buttress in Tideswell Dale (on the way to the Tor, if you are driving from Sheff).

Standout problems are ET Bone Home 7A, and Infinite Suspense, 7C+.

Details here: http://www.peakbouldering.info/crags/125

Sorry for the poor quality of this topo, I left the good one in England. Should be good enough if you combine it with the descriptions on peakbouldering.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 08:27:40 am by r-man »

dave

We did some shit here years ago. Can't say I was that struck on it really, never went back. Good effort for making something of it.

This was one of the things we did:

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Surprised you didn't like it - some of the holds are brilliant.

The problem in that photo is now ET Bone home. It was quite easy (5/6?) by the sequence in the photo, but JB's left hand hold broke when we were climbing. It has transformed into a great little sequence with a crux flick from a woeful sloper to the top jug:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
The best thing about this place was finding an ancient peg whilst topping out. Proves there are idiots in every generation.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
We went for a walk to have a look at these yesterday. The rock and the problems generally look good, but the rock quality and line of Infinite Suspense looks top notch to me, and it has some gorgeous looking holds. I'll certainly be back soon to try it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal