UKBouldering.com

[Barney Ragin'][The Cornice (Cheedale)][8b+] (Read 2873 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Some time ago I decided to give away my Cornice project as it was too hard. Caff stepped into the breach and duly dispatched at a mighty 8b+. It starts by breaking right at the first bolt of R'n'P and then goes direct into Love Among the Butterflies. The new section is perhaps hard 8a+ and then you're into the hard bit of LATB (8b) with no rest between. I hear Steve Mac also had a play on it after doing the deed at Dog's Dinner and reckoned it was solid at 8b+. I can vouch for the quality and it certainly felt 8b+ to me.
This actually got climbed a couple of weeks back but Caff left the naming up to me (what a kindly fellow) and it's taken me that long to think of one.

abarro81

• forum hero
Good stuff, I'd wondered what those bolts were. Whilst we're on the subject of things starting up R'n'P, who knows anything about Snatch? Steve Mac's got something of the same name on his scorecard (though the crag's down as wcj) as 8b+.. anyone know how hard it's meant to be, both in grade and how hard the bit after leaving R'n'P is?

JC

• addict
I had a play on Snatch a week or so ago. Seemed pretty hard, maybe needs some more ascents. I think only Kristian and Mcclure have done it.  Lots of hard moves on undercuts and very poor footholds. I think the crux though is right at the top, and there's no rest on it.

Found this old news report:

http://www.planetfear.com/news/UK_Gets_New_8b_and_E9_Routes_620.html

kc

• obsessive maniac
That planet fear article is complete bollox. I should have called the route Butterbur after the large leafed plant. I felt the route to be 8b maybe? (The new climbing 8a)
RnP crux is still the hardest move. The top wall is definitely harder than the latter half of  RnP but also more faggey on the feet, My climbing style is a bit basic so it is hard for me to comment on its difficulty.However it gave me great pleasure to see Chris C and Steve drop the last move!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal