UKBouldering.com

Recent Developments on Peak Limestone arrives! (Read 14643 times)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
New supplement for steep white stuff, authored by Mark ‘Zippy’ Pretty, is now available.

Read a bit more about it here:

http://www.groundupclimbing.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=248

And here:

http://www.groundupclimbing.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=249

And impulse buy ( :goodidea:) a copy here:

http://www.v12outdoor.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=75_76_130&products_id=4196

…or go and check it out in Crag X at the Foundry in Sheffield (They already have copies in store.) It will be in the Liverpool and Stoke V12/Awesome Walls shops in the next day or so. Over the next week you will also be able to see it in the usual climbing shops in and around the Peak.

It's even got a pic of Dense in it - I kid you not!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 02:18:08 pm by thesiger, Reason: corrected impulse buy URL »

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
New supplement for steep white stuff, authored by Mark ‘Zippy’ Pretty, is now available.

And impulse buy ( :goodidea:) a copy here:

http://www.v12outdoor.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=75_76_130&products_id=4196&oscsid=15ac45612c994421aac5e01551b4e75c

Theres a glitch when you click through. The quantity is specified as 2 but even though you can re-type it to 1 when you click through to the next stage it reverts to 2 and every time I tried to start aqain it added an additional copy to the quantity. I got up to 5 and gave up.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Possible cunning way of selling more guides?  :shrug:

Pantontino

• forum hero
I've just told the lads in the shop and they are going to look at it straight away. I'll report back once it's fixed.

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
Hi si,
       just to clarify is this just the tor or other crags as well?  Reading the linked page it initially sounds like it has all recent hard developments in the peak, but then it only mentions the tor.

Cheers
Tim

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
lol just looked at the link to v12 i followed, its got me with 204 orders of "recent develop......" in my basket.

;D

definately only clicked it once

Tim

Pantontino

• forum hero
Hi si,
       just to clarify is this just the tor or other crags as well?  Reading the linked page it initially sounds like it has all recent hard developments in the peak, but then it only mentions the tor.

Cheers
Tim

It does have all recent hard developments on Peak limestone (e.g. Stoney, Water Cum Jolly, Cheedale, Raven Tor, Blackwell Dale, Manifold Valley, Beeston Tor, Dovedale, Matlock area, Turkey Dip Rocks etc). Raven Tor is specifically mentioned because there are two topos for it.

Pantontino

• forum hero
lol just looked at the link to v12 i followed, its got me with 204 orders of "recent develop......" in my basket.

;D

Tim

Did the same for me.  :oops:

They are trying to fix it right now.

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
Hi si,

Cheers
Tim

It does have all recent hard developments on Peak limestone (e.g. Stoney, Water Cum Jolly, Cheedale, Raven Tor, Blackwell Dale, Manifold Valley, Beeston Tor, Dovedale, Matlock area, Turkey Dip Rocks etc). Raven Tor is specifically mentioned because there are two topos for it.

Cool good to know. Will get one ordered when its safe to do so. £1213.80  is more than i can afford at the moment. :)

Cheers
Tim

Pantontino

• forum hero

;D

Tim

Did the same for me.  :oops:

They are trying to fix it right now.

As far as we can tell it is working okay on the original link now.

Can somebody try it please and report back (make sure you click the remove box on your basket afterwards - assuming you are not making a purchase).

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
There seems to a problem with the shipping address showing the last person who has ordered.
eg
Adam Lincoln
XX cromwell road
Preston

should this be public ??

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
It's now showing my address for shipping as well as billing ???

Pantontino

• forum hero
Right, more frantic phone calls and we reckon we have got it sorted now. The correct link should be:

http://www.v12outdoor.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=75_76_130&products_id=4196

Apologies for the runaround.

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
Impulse buys also available here: http://www.cragxclimbing.com/index.php?p=product&products_id=5010cid=7
Or come in and look at it in the shop as Si suggested. It's quiet and it would be nice to talk to people :)

cowboyhat

• forum hero
This guide is awesome. So many new routes at the Tor!

account_inactive

• forum hero
Just bought this today from cragx. Worth the tor bit alone and good to support zippy et al (pun intended)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
There seems to a problem with the shipping address showing the last person who has ordered.
eg
Adam Lincoln
XX cromwell road
Preston

should this be public ??

I didn't even complete my order so not sure what's going on? (decided against paying loads for postage, will pick one up in person)
Does this mean i am going to get billed for something? Or even have a book turn up, even though i didn't click complete?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I very much doubt it. A representative from Plaid Cymru may turn up at your door asking difficult questions about inward investment though. 

Pantontino

• forum hero
eg
Adam Lincoln
XX cromwell road
Preston

should this be public ??

I didn't even complete my order so not sure what's going on? (decided against paying loads for postage, will pick one up in person)
Does this mean i am going to get billed for something? Or even have a book turn up, even though i didn't click complete?

Adam, sorry for this. You haven't been billed, but there is a free copy on its way to you by way of an apology.

I feel bad about how this has turned out, particularly as it is my fault for posting the incorrect url in the first place. At least I've learnt something: always double check clickable links.

Pantontino

• forum hero
I very much doubt it. A representative from Plaid Cymru may turn up at your door asking difficult questions about inward investment though.

I'm the one who'll be facing the Welsh inquisition: 'How dare you encourage people to go anywhere but the homeland! And this printer appears to be from Nottingham, and the designer lives in Sheffield, and as for the author...'

Actually, Zippy did author the 1989 Tremadog and Cwm Silyn guide!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Zippy once had Christmas dinner at my mum's house off his face on pills and acid (I'd picked him and Dave The Bear up in the pub). He was very polite and kept telling her that they were the best vegetables he'd ever eaten.

/randomoldskoolstories

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Adam, sorry for this. You haven't been billed, but there is a free copy on its way to you by way of an apology.

Umm, I had the same thing happen as what Adam did. Honest.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Yeah, what Adam said.  :P

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Pikey bastards. Get yer cash out.

dave

it only costs double FUCK ALL.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal