UKBouldering.com

non-wack Lakes boozers, keswickside. (Read 3380 times)

dave

non-wack Lakes boozers, keswickside.
June 24, 2010, 08:45:46 am
Holler, I got a mate in prison who's on day release to the lakes for a week soon. He wants pointing to any nice pubs in the vaguely Keswick/borrowdale vicinity that do fine ales, decent food and are toddler-friendly. No riffraff.

Cheers.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
The George Hotel in Keswick, The Dog and Gun (Woof and bang as its referred to) in Keswick, Swinside which is just outside town towards Newlands Valley, The Packhorse in Keswick, The Scafell down Borrowdale does wicked real ales and good grub. Also worth looking at The Pheasent Inn near Crosthwaite roundabout on the outskirts of Keswick and also The Bank Tavern in the middle of town. If you venutre out to Braithwaite try the Coledale Inn and if you go the other way towards Threlkeld try the Horse and Farrier or the Salutation.

Your friend should enjoy any of these.

dave

Nice one word, good knowledge. I'll make sure he checks them out.

Stubbs

Scafell gets my vote, great beers, nowt fancy on the food side of things, just standard pub grub, but tasty.  Has the added benefit of being 5 mins from the Bowdwerstone and 10 mins stumble from the campsite...  I assume your mate will have have arranged some 5* accomodation though!

dave

camping? even cons have their standards!

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Scafell is a good bet. Seem to recall we were on the rather tasty Scafell Blonde Mr Stubley? Thats not a code for us going two's up on a local blonde ho by the way, we simply both enjoyed a nice pint of the same ale!   :beer2:

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#6 Re: non-wack Lakes boozers, keswickside.
October 10, 2010, 06:33:16 pm
Hope your con friend found a good pub...

Also worth mentioning is another great pub, the church house inn in Torver (Coniston way). Good ale and the food is fantastic, proper top notch grub, not a microwave in site...

Paul B

• forum hero
#7 Re: non-wack Lakes boozers, keswickside.
October 10, 2010, 10:26:12 pm
Threlkeld try the Horse and Farrier or the Salutation.

I ended up here last weekend and found it decidedly average. Big portions including mash that you could use as polyfilla.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#8 Re: non-wack Lakes boozers, keswickside.
October 10, 2010, 10:45:53 pm
i could use some polyfiller just spent a whole day decorating my front room and it looks shit

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal