UKBouldering.com

27crags.com Is Hosting a Blogging Contest! (Read 5773 times)

27crags.com

Have a story to tell? Submit it for the 27crags.com blogging contest!

27crags.com is an interactive website where you can make topos, share pictures, keep track of ticks and to-dos, and socialize with climbers across the globe.

Submissions for the blogging contest are due July 1, 2010 and there is a chance to win 100 Euro toward some of your favorite climbing/outdoor companies. Check out all the details at http://27crags.com/teams/27-crags/blog/blogging-contest.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
*cough*  :read:

May have been a bit hasty, hadn't clocked this was in the "Sponsors" forum, presumably dues have been paid, my apologies.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Its cool - banner advert to follow.

a dense loner

• forum hero
i'm sorry but its called twenty seven crags.com i'm no genius, debatable, but i don't care what u do no one i repeat no one is going to be in the least bit interested in a site or anything u do with a name like 27crags. who thought of that re mchandising etc n are they still with the company?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
What Dense means to say:  Thanks for supporting UKB. 27Crags - that's an interesting name, is there a story behind it ? (btw I am a genius )

27crags.com

My name is Markus. I'm a software developer from Finland, and I'm the person behind 27crags.com.

A few years ago I got tired of being employed as a code monkey, and I thought that I could create a modern web application that some people would find useful and amusing. So I quit my job and started working on a web app for climbers (because I like climbing) while doing occasional freelance projects for living.

There is no special story behind the name 27crags.com. The explanation is very simple: it is very difficult to find short and easy-to-remember domain names that have not been taken already. Many others have used the pattern of number and plural noun before me (eg. 9rules.com, 30boxes.com, 37signals.com and 43things.com), and I thought 27crags.com sounds good. Of course I'm not a native English speaker so I may not understand if it sounds stupid to you. I have asked a few native English speakers about the name before opening the website, and they have all said that the name is good. Maybe they were just trying to be polite. I guess I should have asked on a web forum instead ;)

nik at work

• forum hero
Don't worry Dense thinks everything is shit apart from twelve stone men doing one armers on monos.

a dense loner

• forum hero

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Don't forget dense's training anthem...

27crags.com

...and don't forget the blogging contest: http://27crags.com/teams/27-crags/blog/blogging-contest

philo

• forum hero
there are some brilliant photos on your website tho.  The paul robinson one is ace
 ;D

27crags.com

The contest period has been extended by 2 weeks. The new deadline is July 14, 2010. Check out http://27crags.com/teams/27-crags/blog/blogging-contest.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal