UKBouldering.com

Nalle Hukkataival news feed. (Read 6312 times)

comPiler

• forum hero
Nalle Hukkataival news feed.
June 17, 2010, 06:43:35 pm
Font

Infidel 7C
Alta 7C, Flash
Karma 8A+ !
Noir desir 7C
Ce tait demain 8A
Verdict 8A
Conviction 8A
Hibernatus 8A? ,Flash
Rainbow rocket 8A
Magic circus 8A
The island 8C
De la terre a la lune 7C+
Amok 8A
La super prestat 7B+
l Aplait du Gain 8A
Satan i Helvete 8B

The weather turned worse so it was time to leave. I may fly back soon  if the weather changes.
Sorry, no photos from this trip because our cameras got stolen along with our passports and wallets.

Source: Nalle Hukkataival news feed.

comPiler

• forum hero
#1 Switzerland ticks
June 17, 2010, 06:43:36 pm
Switzerland ticks

Im back in Finland where the temps are nice and cool right now. Heres my ticlist from Switzerland:

One summer in paradise 8B
New base line 8B+
nameless? 8A
Business time 8A+ FA
Access problem 8A+ (8B?) FA
Transformer 8A
Voigas 8A
Tintenfisch alarm 8A+
Chickenhead 8A
The arete 8A+

Both of my first ascents are really nice problems. Business time is in Avers and Access problem in Ticino. We also got some filming done in Italy and Switzerland with Chuck Fryberger for the movie Pure. It should be out in February. I cant wait to see it.

videograbs (c) Chuck Fryberger

comPiler

• forum hero
#2 New Base Line
June 17, 2010, 06:43:37 pm
New Base Line

Newsbulletin: Nalle climbs New Base Line.

more swiss-stories to follow later.

Photos by Emanuel Moosburger and Nalle.

comPiler

• forum hero
#3 Rain and First Ascents
Rain and First Ascents

The weather in Finland has been very rainy lately but I’ve managed to put up a couple of new problems. One of them is in the Vihti area which I named Optical Illusion because it looks really easy but infact it is probably 8A. The other one has been a project for a long time. Actually there was a problem called Hottentotti and it was 8A from the stand start and 8A+ from the sit, but the problem ended in the middle of the wall. My new line called 1up is the obvious line from the sit start straight up all the way to the top at about 8 meters height with a bad landing. I don’t think the top part is hard enough to make it 8B so it stays a very solid 8A+ and scary too. We did a big night filming session with a film crew plus two photographers so there should be some cool footage of the ascent. The short film we made might premiere in the Reel Rock Tour in Helsinki 13.9. We’ll see. Right now I’m on my way to Arco Rock Masters in Italy and after that we are going to Switzerland to do some bouldering and filming for the movie Pure. Ciao!

Photos by Heikki Toivanen

comPiler

• forum hero
#4 Rocklands rule!
Rocklands rule!

My six week trip to South Africa has come to an end. I feel sad leaving because I can honestly say that Rocklands is the best bouldering area in the world. At least what I've seen. On the other hand I'm also pretty worn out after weeks of hard climbing and ready to change the scene. It's been an awesome trip and I'm happy with what I've climbed. Climbing Amandla was probably the hardest send of my trip. I also managed to climb Madiba and Moistie Meisie quickly in one session.

I also spend a lot of time and energy looking for new lines and doing first ascents. Problems that I put up like Solar Power and Hole in One are are really top quality problems.

Last year area called Kleinfontain or Black Label was found. This season the area got some amazing new problems like Scoop of Marmelade, The Hatchling and Sky. Hatchling is on this hollow boulder lying on top of another boulder so first you have to climb the lower block before you're really even on the problem itself. It must weigh tons and tons but with a couple of people you can get the upper boulder moving. That's a scary thought because you're climbing an overhanging side of it...

Sky is one of the best problems in the world if you ask me. In fact maybe even the best I've ever seen because of the pure style and movement on it. Perfect starting hold, maximum reach dyno to a fairly good crimper in the middle of the 45 degree overhang, match, iron cross dyno to a sloping edge and a more or less campus move to the top. The best thing is there's no way around it, just pure dynamic movement all the way. Perfect!

I had an awesome trip and I can't wait to go back! Here is my ticklist from this trip:

In between dreams 8A (hard!)
 Black velvet 8A
 Nutsa 8A+
 Once upon a time.. 8A
 Leopard cave 8A+
 Pinotage 7C+, flash
 Shoshaloza 8A+
 Panama 8A+, 3 tries
 Shark 7C+, flash
 Barracuda 8A, flash
 Hatchling 8A
 Moistie Meisie 8B+, quick send, soft
 Pendragon 8A
 Oral Office 8B
 Out of Balance 8A+
 Madiba 8B+, 1 session, soft?
 Steak house 8A+
 Sky 8B+, one of the best in the world!!
 No late tenders 8A, flash
 Solar power 8A+, FA
 Amphitheatre 8A+, flash
 Josef Malbos 7C+, flash
 Amandla 8B+, (8C?) with full swing!
 Green Mamba 8B, close to flashing it
 Hole in One 7C+, FA
 The Vice 8B
 Armed Response 8B
 Stromboli 8A+
 Ark 8A, flash
 Quintessential 8B

comPiler

• forum hero
#5 A visit to Colorado
June 17, 2010, 06:43:39 pm
A visit to Colorado

Here's my ticklist from a short visit to Colorado. Video can be found from the Moventum video magazine.

RMNP:

Veritas 8A

Stinkbug 7C+

Both sides of the spectrum 8A+

I had a good day at Mount Evans and this is what I climbed on my first day there:

Clear blue sky 8A+, 2.go

Mental masturbation 8A+, 2.go

No more greener grasses 8A+, FLASH, one f the best!

Super guy 8A, 2.go

Silverback 8A

The next day I went back up and climbed Ode to the modern man 8B+

comPiler

• forum hero
#6 Feel good inc.
Feel good inc.

A few days ago I climbed the last project in Sipoo. I named it Feel good inc. and I feel like 8A+ is a proper grade for this powerful and very delicate problem. With long quality problems like this one, Spider pig 8A, Super Fazer 7B+ and Understatement 7A this place is definately worth a visit.

photos by Heikki Toivanen

comPiler

• forum hero
#7 Kjugekull
Kjugekull

Here's my ticklist from our 5 day trip to Sweden's biggest boulder area Kjugekull:

* Lithium low start 8A
 * Matador ss 7C+ FLASH
 * Ferdinand ss, 7C+
 * Forza 7C, 2. Go
 * Casperssens arete 7B, FLASH
 * Laijfstajl 8A, FLASH
 * Huggsexa 8A, FLASH
 * Alla vill till himmelen ss, 8A+ Great!
 * Mamma Mu 7C+

Alla vill till himmelen (Everybody wants to go to heaven) was definately the most striking line of the whole area. Absolutely a world class problem with it's 11 meters height.

Photos by Heikki Toivanen

comPiler

• forum hero
#8 Turku, part xyz
June 17, 2010, 06:43:40 pm
Turku, part xyz

Me and Tomi made a quick visit to Turku to check out some new areas and projects. Despite I totally destroyed my skin, I still managed to climb Tomi's new 7c:ish? (hard!) boulder in Luolavuori, Ylösnousemus 7c+ and flash Lucifer 7c+. Ylösnousemus (photo) is a really cool and big dyno on a vertical wall in Hirvensalo put up by Olli Manni. We also climbed a quality 7a+ slab called 4. heinäkuuta.

Photo: Olli Manni

comPiler

• forum hero
#9 Spider Pig
June 17, 2010, 06:43:40 pm
Spider Pig

The season is kicking in here in Finland. With nice temps I put up a new relly good new 8A in Sipoo a few days ago. Spider pig is perfect height, around 6 metres and has 14 moves which is a long boulder in Finland. Last move is a dyno to add a little excitement. It’s waiting for a repeat…

pic by Marko Siivinen

Also check out the vid [click to watch video]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal