UKBouldering.com

Buying a mac abroad... (Read 2459 times)

yorkshirewarcry

• player
Buying a mac abroad...
May 31, 2010, 01:58:42 am
I'm currently working out in the USA and am considering buying a Macbook Pro out here as they're slightly cheaper.

Anyone know if their warranty will still cover the Mac when I return to the UK?

Cheers

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#1 Re: Buying a mac abroad...
May 31, 2010, 08:47:51 am
Yep it should be OK. I bought a Mac Mini in the US a couple of years ago and it's covered with the Mac warranty agreement in the same way as my Macbook bought here.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#2 Re: Buying a mac abroad...
May 31, 2010, 10:09:02 am
Come to the white side  :)

yorkshirewarcry

• player
#3 Re: Buying a mac abroad...
May 31, 2010, 02:07:59 pm
It's more likely to the "Unibody Aluminium" side  ;)

Currently trying to convince myself to part with the cash and try a Mac, as a long-suffering Vista user :-\

yorkshirewarcry

• player
#4 Re: Buying a mac abroad...
May 31, 2010, 02:11:40 pm
Yep it should be OK. I bought a Mac Mini in the US a couple of years ago and it's covered with the Mac warranty agreement in the same way as my Macbook bought here.

Cheers - that's great - they work out on average about £150 cheaper out here, so if I'm ever gonna make the move to Mac I might as well do it now.

If anyone wants one of those useless i-pad things bringing back, they're about £100 cheaper too, starting at $499 for the basic one. so about £375 incl tax.  Easier to justify a pretty pointless gadget at that price.

tomtom

• forum hero
#5 Re: Buying a mac abroad...
May 31, 2010, 08:04:59 pm
Currently trying to convince myself to part with the cash and try a Mac, as a long-suffering Vista user :-\

W7 is miles better than vista....  then theres always the way of the penguin (oh slackline where are you...?  ;) )

chummer

• forum abuser
#6 Re: Buying a mac abroad...
May 31, 2010, 10:11:16 pm
your mac warranty isn't affected by which country you bought it from. It is specific to the machine itself so go for it.

Computers always fucked me off but I have only sworn at my mac once and really I was in fact swearing at my own impatience for not reading the instruction leaflet when starting to use it. Needles to say I still ain't read it but they're so intuitive to use. Go for it yorkshirewarcry. My advice is to monitor the mac website shop for refurbished machines until the one you want at a price you want comes up, be patient but it's worth waiting. It took about 3 weeks of looking daily for me but it was worth it. i never knew just how anal you had to be to get a good deal on the things you want 'ont web.

chummer

• forum abuser
#7 Re: Buying a mac abroad...
May 31, 2010, 10:12:41 pm
Oh, and go for the 15", fookin great for photo's and all, unless you can afford the 17" that is

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#8 Re: Buying a mac abroad...
May 31, 2010, 10:48:12 pm
welcome home.
 :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal