UKBouldering.com

Fontainebleau - 8/6 - 15/6 leaving Dundee/Edinburgh (Read 1034 times)

dean0c

Hi guys, been reading the forum for a while but this is my first post.
Me and my mate recently booked a trip to Fontainebleau next week so posting to see if anybody wants to come along and split the cost of car rental and hostel.

We've booked Ryanair flights leaving from Edinburgh at 6:40am on the 8th to Paris Beauvais, returning on the 15th at 9:45. It'll be best to just check the prices yourself as they're constantly changing. We've also booked the Formule 1 Hostel at Nemours (about a 10 minute drive from Font). It was 186 for the room so split between 3 that's 62 quid for the week.

We plan to hire a car from Beauvais - prices have been around 180 quid for the week but due to both of us being 21, most companies charge a surcharge of around 25-30 Euros a day! If you are over 25 and can drive this will bring the price down considerably to roughly £60 + fuel, or £130 + fuel with the surcharge. I'm guessing quite a few young guys on here have made a trip to Font in the past couple of years - any idea of any car hire companies that have a smaller charge or waive it altogether?

We've been climbing for about 8 months, bouldering around V3/6b routes but are happy to climb with someone more or less experienced than ourselves - we also have our own crash pad. We're both students who both recently finished Uni at Dundee, so can give a lift to and from the airport from there or nearby.

Cheers,
Dean

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal