UKBouldering.com

Underhand - For the short? (Read 3091 times)

Robl

• addict
  • A bit of an animal
Underhand - For the short?
May 26, 2010, 10:35:10 am
Hello

After a bit if Beta for underhand at the cliff.. after having a bit of a dabble on this with TomTom there seems to be a move physical leg span is stopping me making the moves... the first is what to do wit my left foot under the roof - tomtom is able to reach a little chip with his left foot while keeping his right along the side of the roof so he is able to pinch with his feet - thus enables him to move his left hand to the decent pocket near the lip.

Can anyone offer any advice?  ;) I'm 5' 6" - Just.  :whistle:

Thanks

uptown

• junky
#1 Re: Underhand - For the short?
May 26, 2010, 10:53:00 am
Is underhand considered a route now?
I know the sextension feels like it but...I digress...
That description makes little sense to me Robl - I'm guessing you mean the move out to the juggy pocket (and hence end of hard climbing)? If so - left foot is on edge furthest left and pretty high under the roof, right heel is hugging the right lip of the roof, left hand sloping pocket under roof, right hand good slot above roof, then.... Slap left hand, feet come off, hold swing, romp.
If you do mean that move then you've already done the hardest bit (getting right hand slot above roof) - Good luck on it, a classic on the Cliff circuit.

Robl

• addict
  • A bit of an animal
#2 Re: Underhand - For the short?
May 26, 2010, 11:17:56 am
this may help clear my description up a little..

http://www.yorkshiregrit.com/problem.html?id=almscliff__underhand#video

The move i'm having difficulty with is, the first foot chip adam uses with his left foot on this video.. with my right foot at the back wall and right hand in the slot on the sidewall, left hand is on a crimp in the roof. (as i cant reach to the pocket adam uses on the video).

Thanks for ya sequence uptown i'll give it a go next time : :beer2:

nik at work

• forum hero
#3 Re: Underhand - For the short?
May 26, 2010, 12:07:39 pm
I'm still not really sure which move you're struggling with but I am (just) sub 5'6" and can reach the pocket in the roof with my left hand with my feet in similar positions to Adam in the video (my right foot might be a bit higher?) so I should imagine you will be able to also.
Is this the problem??

Robl

• addict
  • A bit of an animal
#4 Re: Underhand - For the short?
May 26, 2010, 12:25:55 pm
maybe i need to work my feet higher on the back block to reach the pocket then. thanks :)

yorkshireman

• obsessive maniac
  • dont knock the rock if you're shaky at the grade
#5 Re: Underhand - For the short?
March 17, 2011, 08:47:34 pm
5'7 with crap ape and i can reach the pocket with my feet on the back.i keep popping off coming round the arete with my right hand but i blame a week core(hopefully now partially fixed).alot easier problem for tallies

Robl

• addict
  • A bit of an animal
#6 Re: Underhand - For the short?
March 18, 2011, 08:20:24 am
Its ticked now anyways... different sequence to the vid. That an the extension in the same session. Winner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal