UKBouldering.com

Supercharger, Neist, Skye. (Read 3970 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Supercharger, Neist, Skye.
May 25, 2010, 12:16:15 pm
Information please. Approach, belay ledges, tips for the line etc etc. No topo in Gary's guide so would like to know that it's not going to be an almighty faff getting on and stay on the route.

Ta,
Fiend x

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Supercharger, Neist, Skye.
May 25, 2010, 12:24:43 pm
Fultonius's mate James should be able to shed some light.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#2 Re: Supercharger, Neist, Skye.
May 25, 2010, 03:23:41 pm
Getting nearby - easy, you just walk along the base of the crag until it comes into view and you go "Holy fuck, are we climbing THAT???"

Getting to the base of the route iteself - not so sure, but that's part of the adventure.

Staying on route - it's an almighty whacking great corner...you'll know you're off route if you go "where has the gear gone, where have the holds gone, why am I 10' from the whacking great obvious corner system"... I'll give you a medal if you manage to get lost on route...  :P

While you're up there, you could nab the 2nd ascent of a route James and I did last October... it's  only E3ish   :whistle: fvck knows how hard it is, we gave it E5...

I can send you the topo if you fancy it. My ol dflat mate Ben could probably give you a tour guide too - he lives about 30 mins from Neist.

Ian T

• regular
#3 Re: Supercharger, Neist, Skye.
May 25, 2010, 05:12:36 pm
Ab down the top two pitches using a fixed 60m rope, though I'm pretty sure a 50m would get you down, but can't remember. Then ab to sea level using your climbing ropes.  The base is non-tidal. You can wade in at low tide I think.

First pitch is good, then it's like climbing three of the worst routes at Auchinstarry to the top. Three star line, one star climbing.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#4 Re: Supercharger, Neist, Skye.
May 27, 2010, 03:29:04 pm
Ab down the top two pitches using a fixed 60m rope, though I'm pretty sure a 50m would get you down, but can't remember. Then ab to sea level using your climbing ropes.  The base is non-tidal. You can wade in at low tide I think.

First pitch is good, then it's like climbing three of the worst routes at Auchinstarry to the top. Three star line, one star climbing.
So really only for fans of South Stack / Lleyn?? Hmmm.

Thanks for the information both of you, very useful and reassuring to know.

Ian T

• regular
#5 Re: Supercharger, Neist, Skye.
May 27, 2010, 03:39:43 pm

So really only for fans of South Stack / Lleyn?? Hmmm.

Thanks for the information both of you, very useful and reassuring to know.

Not as esoteric as that, just a bit overrated in my opinion. It's still worth doing for the situation.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 03:45:50 pm by Ian T »

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#6 Re: Supercharger, Neist, Skye.
May 27, 2010, 04:25:40 pm
Not as esoteric as that, just a bit overrated in my opinion. It's still worth doing for the situation.
Oh okay. I was finding South Stack a bit tame anyway. Yes I want to do Supercharger for the situation. Plus, I like choss, but it's got to be spectacular choss...

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#7 Re: Supercharger, Neist, Skye.
May 27, 2010, 04:54:47 pm
When are you off to Skye, Fiend? And where are you based?

We'll be based in Glenbrittle the week of the 7th June. Getting out to Kilt Rock and Flodiggary as well hopefully.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#8 Re: Supercharger, Neist, Skye.
May 27, 2010, 05:32:39 pm
Dunno and dunno yet. Whenever the weather is good and it's too midgey for inland crags.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal