UKBouldering.com

Unknown Buthier Tennis problem (Read 2408 times)

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
Unknown Buthier Tennis problem
May 18, 2010, 07:42:44 pm
Behind Flagrand Desire & Dark room in a cluster of boulderrs is a hard looking problem froma  long crimpy edge in a steep wall to a mono (chipped) and thenajug. Can't seem to find it in the guide or bleau.info. Anyone know what it is?

hairich

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Unknown Buthier Tennis problem
May 18, 2010, 10:39:52 pm
hi andy.is it fairly highball.seem to remember spotting the moon on that about 10 years ago.stef denys took us to it and think ben did the 2nd or 3rd ascent.sorry dont know its name but ben may know but you know what hes like for remembering stuff.anyway hes surfing in indo at the mo.maybe you can get hold of stef somehow

Paul B

• forum hero
#2 Re: Unknown Buthier Tennis problem
May 19, 2010, 01:35:04 am
Get hold of someone with a copy of the Font Bible I reckon. Neil H maybe?

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Unknown Buthier Tennis problem
May 19, 2010, 07:32:42 am
You guys might have to wait until this evening for Neil H to post back, if the weather is good (which it should be), He'll be out doing his Birthday Climbing.

:dance1:

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Unknown Buthier Tennis problem
May 19, 2010, 03:41:05 pm
Definately not a highball. I could jump to the last hold fom the ground. Looks like we'll have to wait for Neil H.

Nigel

• forum hero
#5 Re: Unknown Buthier Tennis problem
May 19, 2010, 05:42:28 pm
Rich, that sounds like Flagrand Desir 7c. I know the thing Andy is on about, its behind the Flagrand Desir boulder. Not in the guide, haven't looked on Bleau Info but prob not there either. Certainly a project, and if it had been done you would hear about it as it would be famous for being the most disgusting one move problem in the whole world - jump to a very sharp mono, which you would prob have to cut loose onto completely (one arm). No wonder Andy is interested! I would guess one move 8b++++.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#6 Re: Unknown Buthier Tennis problem
May 20, 2010, 07:56:03 am
right all I am here  ;D

The thing you mention is indead a project and a pretty awfull one at that, best left alone if you ask me, unless you have done everything in the forest, Nigel says all you need to know on this one.

I have a list of all known projects in the forest, we have been out looking at most of them, and most of them are projects for a reason (crap)

enjoy all

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#7 Re: Unknown Buthier Tennis problem
May 20, 2010, 10:30:28 am
Get hold of someone with a copy of the Font Bible I reckon.

:off: which guide is considered the bible? im buying my first guide to the forest soon and wanna get the best one, cheers.

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
#8 Re: Unknown Buthier Tennis problem
May 20, 2010, 10:54:39 am
nice to know. it was a low quality line but didn't look harder than 7c/7c+.  i do like a dirty move and this certainly fits the bill. maybe next time.

whatever became of the isatis project on the memel block? it looks hard buy so doable especially at todays standards. i remember malc being interested but not sure if he ever tried it. anyone been trying this?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#9 Re: Unknown Buthier Tennis problem
May 20, 2010, 11:27:20 pm
people do seem to go on about this. it's a bit toss as u can tell by the amount of time higginson invested in it ???

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#10 Re: Unknown Buthier Tennis problem
May 21, 2010, 10:43:31 am
nice to know. it was a low quality line but didn't look harder than 7c/7c+.  i do like a dirty move and this certainly fits the bill. maybe next time.

whatever became of the isatis project on the memel block? it looks hard buy so doable especially at todays standards. i remember malc being interested but not sure if he ever tried it. anyone been trying this?

I dont think anyone has ever been back on this, shame looks good. next time you are out here I have 100's projects waiting, some good some dirty. give me a shoot I will show you some

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal