UKBouldering.com

hernia.... (Read 1168 times)

k2ted

• player
hernia....
May 06, 2010, 10:54:58 pm
think I got myself a Hernia bouldering at Brownstones tonight. Only looked at symptoms on't net but gonna see docs tomorrow  -

Has anyone else had one and climbed hard after?? (not that I climb hard!!) if so, how long did it take?

Well fecked off.... finally getting stronger fingers and did it on bottom move of Pigswill with all weight on my right leg, toe hookin with my left >:(   think it doesnt help being 14 stone n trying to climb hard....

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: hernia....
May 07, 2010, 12:17:27 am
Rich Simpson didn't do bad with one.

dave k

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: hernia....
May 07, 2010, 08:19:43 am
Depends on the type you have. I am no expert, but I have been carrying one for 2 years now. I have been to the
hospital, but they were not too concerned. Told me to go back 3 months later, which I forgot to do! TBH it had stopped
 causing me pain and i had learnt how to manage it. Mine used to pop out and thats when it was painful and I would
 have to lie down to let it pop back in! But now it never stays out (or a little push get it back in!!) Actually i can`t
remember the last time it cause me any issues. Maybe I have just been lucky. I expect that eventually i will have to get
it operated on.

I boulder at about v8 (to specifically answer your question) and that has not changed

Definitely go to see your GP, who will probably get you a hospital check up. Hope it doesn`t cause you too many issues.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal