UKBouldering.com

The General Election POLL (Read 7447 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
The General Election POLL
April 27, 2010, 06:58:24 pm
Someone had to ask...
So who will you vote for? I've enabled the option to change your vote - so if you change it in the next 9 days no problemo...
TT

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#1 Re: The General Election POLL
April 27, 2010, 07:21:35 pm
Any guesses as to where my vote is going?  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#2 Re: The General Election POLL
April 27, 2010, 07:28:39 pm
isn't it the 6th?

tomtom

• forum hero
#3 Re: The General Election POLL
April 27, 2010, 07:38:17 pm
isn't it the 6th?

oops!
Just as well I'm not f*cking organising the real thing! Thats the impact of an addled brain after marking 40 essays on flooding...  :yawn:

I'm interested to see how this pans out (sloper do you have three logins??  :) ) as on the election thread theres a general liberal/lab leaning to most of the posts and I suspect there are many out there who will vote but would not post etc... you know what I mean..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:43:52 pm by tomtom »

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#4 Re: The General Election POLL
April 27, 2010, 08:15:00 pm
Well, it's 5-3 lib dem vs  tory just now - bring on proportional representation I say, as the cons will probably still win with those votes ;)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#5 Re: The General Election POLL
April 27, 2010, 08:34:02 pm
I'm interested to see how this pans out (sloper do you have three logins??  :) )

I'm one of the THREE

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#6 Re: The General Election POLL
April 27, 2010, 10:25:43 pm
I'm interested to see how this pans out (sloper do you have three logins??  :) )

Bowie is probably one of the 3. Can't wait until he becomes a Tory MP, I have a good memory  ;)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#7 Re: The General Election POLL
April 27, 2010, 11:57:28 pm
None of the above!  :P (actually I really would like a "Brewster's Millions" option)

Bowie

• addict
#8 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 08:30:27 am

Bowie is probably one of the 3. Can't wait until he becomes a Tory MP, I have a good memory  ;)

;D you wouldn't do a kiss and tell would you?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#9 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 12:06:19 pm
isn't it the 6th?

oops!
Just as well I'm not f*cking organising the real thing!

Genius.  :lol:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#10 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 12:15:10 pm
Fuckinell. 54% Lib Dem. Knew there were plenty of switched on people on UKB but still........

Bowie

• addict
#11 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 12:36:37 pm
Fuckinell. 54% Lib Dem. Knew there were plenty of switched on people on UKB but still........

hardly a surprise is it? the climbing community is not well known for being a hotbed of thatcherites is it?! we're all (with a few exceptions) abunch of guardian readling liberals who fit all the stereotypes.
couple of questions which we've been musing on:
- are the liberals fit to govern, i.e (ignoring the stupid barriers of our electoral system for a mo) if Clegg could be prime minister, would you want him to be?
- how much of decision to vote lib dems is a protest vote against the other two parties, and how much is based on policy?
- if hung parliament is to happen, what would the positives be? electoral reform seems to be the highest on the list, any others?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#12 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 01:14:32 pm
Not that I want to start a discussion on policy on this thread as well as the other one but:

1. Yes.

2. 90% policy 10% protest. As I've said before, the more I have read about Lib Dem policy the more I have come round to supporting them. When there's only one party that you agree with on nearly every issue then the choice of who to vote for becomes easy.

3. Electoral reform is by far the most important issue that could arise from a hung parliament but the demise of Brown and the removal of there being any chance of Osborne becoming chancellor would both be good asides for me. Also the shafting it would give to Murdoch et al. Oh yes.

I wasn't surprised to see a majority vote for sense...er....the Lib Dems I was merely surprised that the vote wasn't split more with Labour / Green and that the figure is (at present) so high.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#13 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 01:22:34 pm
Voted Lib Dem for years myself.  Why?  Because they have sensible policies (drugs, evidence based policy etc.) and most importantly they're the only party who will bring about electoral reform if they get into power.

I'm pleased they're getting the media coverage and support they deserve and really do hope that this election will result in electoral reform.

I couldn't care less who's the leader of any of the parties is, they're just PR puppets really.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#14 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 01:39:08 pm
Unfortunately having a "strong leader" IS important. If all the muppets can unite behind someone they respect as being capable of running the country then it can make a big difference. Confidence counts for a lot with the stupid way that economics seems to (not) work in particular.

Anyway, I would certainly have no problem with Clegg as PM as opposed to the other two.

Kim

• forum abuser
#15 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 01:55:14 pm
I think it's also a case of them being the only viable option if you're a left leaning voter - Labour has gone too far to the right on any number of issues (privatisation, trident, wars, detention without trial, etc), to appeal any more as a whole. I'm green on policies but lib dems have a chance in Sheff Cen so that would seem the best way to vote, i'd certainly prefer a lib dem govt over the other two.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#16 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 01:59:32 pm
;D you wouldn't do a kiss and tell would you?

What could I possibly know about you that the tabloids would be interested in? Let me think a while.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#17 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 02:00:06 pm
Lots.

That didn't take long did it  ;)

Bobling

• menacing presence
#18 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 03:22:46 pm
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but in case it hasn't try taking this test and then comparing the results with who you were intending on voting for!

http://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

Mike Highbury

• addict
#19 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 03:33:24 pm
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but in case it hasn't try taking this test and then comparing the results with who you were intending on voting for!

I started that test by looking at the policies for which I do know a bit about and saw that I disagreed with all of them. So back to voting the same way as I have always done, I'm afraid.

Look, the Lib Dems have been canvassing around here by saying that they have the most left wing candidate. What, more left wing than Jeremy Corbyn?

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
#20 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 03:50:23 pm

:o  I picked 100% Green policies.  Now what do I do....................

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
#21 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 04:02:35 pm
I thought this was UKB ... bloody London parties ignoring Scotland, Wales and NI.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#22 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 04:12:08 pm

:o  I picked 100% Green policies.  Now what do I do....................

Vote Lib Dem so that at the next election your vote for the Green Party counts of course.

Our local Green candidate came round the other day and I told him that's what I was doing. After a quick moan about tactical voting he agreed that it would be much better for his party if we had a fairer voting system and that he understood why I wouldn't consider voting for him under the present system when I had the chance to make my vote count.

Anyway, your constituency's ultra safe mate and your vote is worth 0.031 votes.  :thumbsdown:

http://www.voterpower.org.uk/sheffield-heeley

Kim

• forum abuser
#23 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 04:29:12 pm
Hey John, if you vote green i'll switch my green vote to a lib dem one where it can make a difference  ;D

Davey_C

• regular
#24 Re: The General Election POLL
April 28, 2010, 06:22:17 pm

I'm not surprised to be honest, we have a work based forum with similar results. Although the demographics of my company won't be representative of our area as a whole - a blue chip company in the North East of England.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal