UKBouldering.com

brads wall area (Read 4621 times)

TomWJEvans

brads wall area
April 26, 2010, 10:11:10 am
hello all,

first post on here, so hello. :-) just wanted to know, at stanton moor brads wall area, i can find route info for both the wall, left and right (left 6a+? ay?), but nowt for the line up the middle (kind of a weak arete). The moves are from the break, up to crap side pull,lay back, right foot up, blast up to aweful sloper, left foot up, shunt back left hand to good rail, whoop whoop etc. Can anyone help me out? twas a cracking day though, stantons an awesome place, loadsa respect to john bradbury! :-) oh, one moor (ha!) question, down towards Brads Arete 'the presence of absence' (awesomely difficult!!! so hard not to turn), a bit below, there is a big slab thats had some cleaning. felt absolutely nails to me and couldnt get past the first two moves. Anyone have any idea if it been done yet? Anyway, thanks a lot. Just really intrigued about the brads wall area middle arete thing cos it seemed like sucha good line, took ages to work.

cheers now,

Tom. :-)

TomWJEvans

#1 Re: brads wall area
April 26, 2010, 11:00:20 am
C'mon anyone? Someone must know.   :whistle:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: brads wall area
April 26, 2010, 11:11:56 am
Yes, maybe they do, but they might not have been online, let alone to UKB just to read your question in the last 59 minutes and 10 seconds since your original post.  :spank:

Besides which, have you heard of something called Google?  It leads to some promising hits as to the problems on Brads Wall at Stanton Moor, and this entry at peakbouldering.info has details of problems here too.

Keep up the enthusiasm though, and sorry if this comes across as acerbic, but its all as within reach of your fingertips as it is of mine.  :hug:

TomWJEvans

#3 Re: brads wall area
April 26, 2010, 11:30:21 am
no offence taken, i know im a little keen expecting answers fast from t'interweb. cheers for your reply and lmgtfy. i have however long known the joys of google, and the reason for my post on here is that all digging has returned fruitless. Its a classic problem though, and just wanted to know what it was or if it had been done. Like i said, aint in the guide either so just thought id ask. thanks again. tom.  :)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#4 Re: brads wall area
April 26, 2010, 11:41:35 am
Tom, I'm pretty sure I know the arete you're talking about. Good little problem.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#5 Re: brads wall area
April 26, 2010, 11:47:51 am
Well if its not documented here's an ideal opportunity to write it up and add it to the database at Peakbouldering.info just register, navigate to the Stanton Moor/Brads Wall area and register the problem.

TomWJEvans

#6 Re: brads wall area
April 26, 2010, 12:03:45 pm
johnny brown - awesome, what did you think grade wise? cant be a new one surely? felt pretty hard to me (plus nearly 4 hours on/sitting near it. :)

TomWJEvans

#7 Re: brads wall area
April 26, 2010, 12:06:10 pm
slack line - wanna see if anyone else has done it first dude, get a consensus. its quite an obvious line so.... if i hear nothing more i will stick it in. :)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#8 Re: brads wall area
April 26, 2010, 12:17:59 pm
slack line - wanna see if anyone else has done it first dude, get a consensus. its quite an obvious line so.... if i hear nothing more i will stick it in. :)

But the db is for forming a consensus.  Stick the problem in, others will hopefully clock it and note what grade/quality they think it is.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#9 Re: brads wall area
April 26, 2010, 03:08:48 pm
No idea on the grade sorry, have climbed just about every eliminate conceivable there whilst waiting for folk to do Brad's wall. Uk 6b?

brad

#10 Re: brads wall area
April 26, 2010, 07:32:55 pm
Hey Tom
I must say thankyou to you for the kind words...i didnt expect respect, its nice to hear anyway..
when i first discovered the area for bouldering i did all these problems many times, i used them for warmups for the 7c
lovely spot to climb
as you know...i added the mantle of the nose whilst we were climbing in march this year ;) and called it "king of the rural object"
you can nearly see the secret boulders from there, i can see them from my bedroom window ;)

TomWJEvans

#11 Re: brads wall area
April 26, 2010, 10:19:56 pm
cheers for the reply dude. you may well have seen my floundering. :) i will always have respect for everyone who gets out and looks for stuff to climb, its what its all about.  awesome place.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal