UKBouldering.com

Mark Twight is a Machine (Read 3707 times)

TMR

• regular
  • MORE.....MORE POWER
Mark Twight is a Machine
April 09, 2010, 02:56:26 pm
have been reading Mark Twight's training page - www.gymjones.com - not climbing specific but inspiring nonetheless,,, makes my training regime seem like lying face down on the sofa with a mouth full of chocolate.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1 Re: Mark Twight is a Machine
April 09, 2010, 03:54:57 pm
"there are no mirrors"
How am  supposed to see how good I look without mirrors FFS.  :shrug:

TMR

• regular
  • MORE.....MORE POWER
#2 Re: Mark Twight is a Machine
April 09, 2010, 04:16:05 pm
in the gleaming sweat of your ripped biceps,,,,, obviously

Lund

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Mark Twight is a Machine
April 11, 2010, 11:21:11 pm
As far as I can see, Mr Twight's site follows the rest of his life: being a bit of an arsehole in an admirable kind of way.

Not too hard to do though.  Look TMR, fact is, you're lazy and fat.  NOW TRAIN HARDER, LIKE ME.  TAKE THE PAIN.  I AM AMERICAN AND THUS NAILS AND NOTHING MATTERS MORE THAN PAIN AND TRAINING HARD.  IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN YOU CAN LEAVE FOR FLAB LAND.

See?

I did like his story once about knocking a serac on his own head, waking up with his ice tool through his face and a dislocated jaw, and then walking down to the ski lift though.  As I said: american and vocal, but undeniably hard - which is admirable.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#4 Re: Mark Twight is a Machine
April 11, 2010, 11:23:38 pm
I assume he removed the ice tool from his flesh, they get a bit funny about ice axes on ski lifts.

Lund

• obsessive maniac
#5 Re: Mark Twight is a Machine
April 11, 2010, 11:32:08 pm
http://mark.amebis.si/razno/objave/twight_interview.html

"My jaw was dislocated and the ice tool had gone through my cheek. There was blood everywhere, staining the snow a vitamin-rich red"

So: hard.  But overly poetic.  Vitamin-rich red?  I guess blood red wouldn't have cut it.

He was also wearing a yellow pullover.  Rubbish.  I would never commit such a sartorial crime.  He deserved to get stabbed in the face.

dm

• regular
#6 Re: Mark Twight is a Machine
April 24, 2010, 01:36:53 am
I AM AMERICAN AND THUS NAILS AND NOTHING MATTERS MORE THAN PAIN AND TRAINING HARD. 

There's actually an interview somewhere where he basically says that American mountaineers are shit.  Hang on, here it is:

http://www.marktwight.com/discourse.php?id=2

"Americans don't climb at the current world standard in any range because they have no clue what that standard is. Slovenia? What's a Slovenia?"

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
#7 Re: Mark Twight is a Machine
April 25, 2010, 03:06:54 pm
Jim Jones Revue " Rock and Roll Psychosis " ...... A far  better Jim Jones IMHO ....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 03:29:41 pm by grumpycrumpy »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal