UKBouldering.com

[Yorkshire][Caley crag][7a+]Black jumper low (Read 6641 times)

uptown

• junky
Problem? Route? You decide. It's very good though. Probably give Dense a nosebleed.  ;D

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Looks ace, not sure about your numbers though. If it was that easy someone would have done it ages ago?

andy_e

• forum hero
Good effort beast! Although I agree with Chris- it looks at least 7c. Is it a true sitter or just a low start?

uptown

• junky
Good effort beast! Although I agree with Chris- it looks at least 7c. Is it a true sitter or just a low start?
Start with your pants on the floor, right foot in wide break footlock to right, and use the slabby plinth directly underneath the arete too. The holds aren't 7c bad.

dingbat

another sit start to a route, I advise that you put your bouldering guides in the sock draw, and go purchase some propper routing guides and continue your bum on floor starts!

Baron

• obsessive maniac
Oh dear. A dingbat by any other name...

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Considering Black Jumper involves a jump start, I'd suggest a nice low start is the true way.  It's not like somebody has climbed a sit start to West Side Story, now is it?

Scouse D

• forum hero
Considering Black Jumper involves a jump start, I'd suggest a nice low start is the true way.  It's not like somebody has climbed a sit start to West Side Story, now is it?

is that a sly dig at Percy? ;)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Couldn't remember details, but I remember a thread about it  :lol:

dingbat

eeer, i think you shall find that"West side story" was originaly climbed and graded as a route, to the top!

cofe

• forum hero
i just had a look in the burbage guide and you're absolutely right! WSS was indeed first done by a chap called John Allen and given E4 7a!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That's just stupid cofe. How could it be E4 when the landing's that good for stacking pads on? And who the fuck is this "John Allen" character anyway? Sounds like a right punter claiming E grades for boulder problems, he should stop messing about and do some proper climbing.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
eeer, i think you shall find that"West side story" was originaly climbed and graded as a route, to the top!
Why, now you come to mention it, so it was! Hold on a minute….and so was Right Eliminate and The Rasp. Shit, what’s going on!? Why did nobody figure this out before? What’s going to happen next? We’re all doomed, DOOOMED I tell you!

uptown

• junky
With the on-set of Caley season again, has this seen any interest or repeats?

andy_e

• forum hero
Thanks for reminding me that I need to get on this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal