UKBouldering.com

My first bouldering crash pad..? (Read 3917 times)

gremlin

• stalker
  • Ripped, but still shit!
    • Java shit
My first bouldering crash pad..?
April 13, 2010, 01:55:40 pm
Well chaps, the weather is warming up and Brownstones is calling.
This will be my first full summer outdoors and I need to buy a crash pad. Anyone got suggestions for a good 'un.
I have to say tho', from a newbies point of view, they look a bit thin?

Ta.

Oh, yeah, also it needs to be able to fit in the back of my Mini Cooper  :lol:

adam_NE5

• regular
#1 Re: My first bouldering crash pad..?
April 13, 2010, 02:00:57 pm
Snap Calzone is probably quite a good one if you are pushed for space, my mate has one and its really good, I have a POD super crash pad which is awesome but I reckon you would be pushed for space, I only just get it in my Astra.

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
#2 Re: My first bouldering crash pad..?
April 13, 2010, 02:11:43 pm
On offer from V12: http://www.v12outdoor.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1101&oscsid=a094905dae122d170614fe5de8f92236

Comes highly recommended by many

I bought one of these for my first trip outdoors:

http://www.v12outdoor.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=69_68&products_id=1081&oscsid=a094905dae122d170614fe5de8f92236

It gives you a huge landing area, plus it's nice and thick, might just about get it in with the seats down in your mini, although it'd be a squeeze, it seems to tolerate my 16+stone body jumping on it from quite a height pretty well, so no doubt it will serve you well.

gremlin

• stalker
    • Java shit
#3 Re: My first bouldering crash pad..?
April 16, 2010, 12:59:26 pm
Thanks, for the help chaps.

Just ordered the Snap Calzone as it seems to have got good reviews for performance and quality, is nice and compact and a good price to boot!

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: My first bouldering crash pad..?
April 16, 2010, 03:08:44 pm
Snap Calzone is probably quite a good one if you are pushed for space, my mate has one and its really good, I have a POD super crash pad which is awesome but I reckon you would be pushed for space, I only just get it in my Astra.

:agree: great pad. Hard wearing, foam still in good nic, tarp/waterproof base so mud/cowshit wipes off.... looking for a Snap Bun at a reasonable price atm...

gremlin

• stalker
    • Java shit
#5 Re: My first bouldering crash pad..?
April 29, 2010, 04:59:08 pm
Well, the Snap Calzone finally arrived: two weeks late and the wrong colour but what the hell!
Looks well made abd sturdy and best of all fits nicely on the back seat of my Mini when folded  :)

tomtom

• forum hero
#6 Re: My first bouldering crash pad..?
April 29, 2010, 05:02:15 pm
Well, the Snap Calzone finally arrived: two weeks late and the wrong colour but what the hell!
Looks well made abd sturdy and best of all fits nicely on the back seat of my Mini when folded  :)

Hope it works out for you  - they're a little firm compared to other pads - but thats a good thing.. Mines still going strong and I treat it harshly... (found the little key pocket just inside the foam zip?)

gremlin

• stalker
    • Java shit
#7 Re: My first bouldering crash pad..?
April 29, 2010, 07:08:33 pm
Was looking forward to trying it at Brownstones tonight but its pissing it down.   >:(
Haven't found the key pocket thing though?

tomtom

• forum hero
#8 Re: My first bouldering crash pad..?
April 29, 2010, 07:19:00 pm
On mine where you unzip (on one end) to look at the foam - at the end where the zip opens is a little black zip up pouch (on the inside) so you can put your keys there and pop them between the foam...

gremlin

• stalker
    • Java shit
#9 Re: My first bouldering crash pad..?
April 30, 2010, 11:58:08 am
On mine where you unzip (on one end) to look at the foam - at the end where the zip opens is a little black zip up pouch (on the inside) so you can put your keys there and pop them between the foam...

Oh yeah, just found it! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal