UKBouldering.com

Another (slightly weird) twatted finger (Read 1569 times)

Omar15

• addict
Another (slightly weird) twatted finger
March 30, 2010, 01:10:24 pm
Hey chaps,

So about 5 weeks ago i wasn't properly warmed up, tried a weird problem and felt something move in my ring finger. I stopped climbing (after about half an hour of continued climbing denying i was injured) and have cut down on training. I had a week off the week before last and that improved it a little bit, but after a week of climbing in spain its hurting just as much as it was before.

But since then when i grip anything other than open handed i get a sharp pain on the top of my finger on a small bit of the middle section. Its not sore at all when i push in around here, but it is still quite sore at the base of my ring finger if i push there - weirdly though i don't feel any pain here when im climbing. Also sometimes a little bit of the tendon in my hand from that finger is a teensy bit sore if i push it around too much.

Should i just rest until it doesn't hurt anymore? And does anyone have any idea as to what i might have actually done to myself? Is icing any good now the injury is quite old?

Sorry for the long post, im just trying not to go crazy here.

Omar

andybfreeman

• menacing presence
Open handed is your friend! don't crimp if it hurst but keep climbing, carefully, otherwise you'll just end up with nasty scar tissue.

cold water treatment works really well, in my experience, so if i was you i'd be doing that at least a couple of times a day + loads of stretching

You climbing tonight? if so, speak to one of the therapists (ru the osteo woudl prob be best) and get some real expert advice

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal