UKBouldering.com

We've a beaver, Parisella's Cave Beta? (Read 1729 times)

Ally Smith

• obsessive maniac
We've a beaver, Parisella's Cave Beta?
March 29, 2010, 11:24:16 am
Had a go at We've a Beaver in the cave yesterday; didn't read the guide properly and finished up Cleaver Beaver rather than along the continued traverse.

So i've got a sequence to get me matyched on the large CB sloper, what is the lanky beta for getting the heel hook off the beaver righthand holds and moving left into clever cleaver?

Also, what are the "rules" attached to We've a beaver? Can you use the undercuts on Clever Beaver, or just the holds near the lip? (Seems a little artificial, but an obvious "rule")

superfurrymonkey

• junky
Once matched on the sloper drop your LH down into the crozzly undercut.

Doylo

• forum hero
No rules really, i go to the undercut on clever beaver then slap over to the sloper with my right then up to the good edge down and left of CB jug with my left. Photo sequence: http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=254

nodder

• obsessive maniac
Lanky beta, from slope of clever beaver, Left hand back hand the hold on beaver cleaver lip, heel or toe on lip, other foot in roof somewhere, roll over to good crimp on beaver cleaver with your right hand, get the jugs...

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
If your a bit tall too, you can sack the heel on Beaver RH holds and just keep feet under roof kinda twisting your core a bit to match sloper and then roll under with LH for crozzly undercut as Jamie said. Saves having to get your heel off when stretched out a lot!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal