UKBouldering.com

Child board display (Read 2312 times)

Duma

• forum hero
Child board display
March 21, 2010, 09:20:50 pm
Dear Overlords...
I know that most regulars use the unread posts, but not me, there being much I wish to ignore...
This being the case, It's a bit of a pain how much of the screen is taken up by the child boards when you click on a main board (esp. shootin the shit) - would it be possible to get them all on one line, as in the main index overview?

A small thing, but it would make me happy...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Child board display
March 21, 2010, 09:33:30 pm

I agree that this would be a useful feature, but it would need some custom coding. Probably nothing too hard, but there's no point in doing any custom coding when a new release (2.0 final) is hopefully not too far away.

Not my decision any more as to whether it will be done...just sayin'

Duma

• forum hero
#2 Re: Child board display
March 21, 2010, 09:42:42 pm
Fairy muff, as I say, it's no biggie. When you say "not too far" is there a more quantifiable timescale attached? Just seems 2.0 been on the horizon a while now.
Also can I say it's pretty fine to be able to post an unimportant query at 21:30 on a sunday night and get an answer inside ten minutes. :hug:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Re: Child board display
March 21, 2010, 09:52:57 pm

Your just lucky I'm online bored waiting for Ms Bubbs to get back from Tunisia :)

Well 2.0 Final was originally supposed to be released before the end of 2008 IIRC. So yeah, it has taken ages but I'd rather they released it when it's ready than rushing it out with bugs in a Microsoft stylee. SMF is an amazing bit of software considering it's free and there are only (again IIRC) four people actually doing the coding.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal