UKBouldering.com

Will a Moon Saturn Fit in a Ford Focus? (Read 3880 times)

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Will a Moon Saturn Fit in a Ford Focus?
March 16, 2010, 11:00:37 pm
Off to Font on the Eurostar an need to hire a car, looking at hiring a Ford Focus as it's cheap but need to know if I can get me pad into the boot , anyone know?

Cheers,

:D

Dave Westlake

• menacing presence
I can get mine in the back of my Seat Ibiza (similar size?) but it is a tight fit

Hope that helps

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
fits in my fiesta

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Cheers guys, really need to know if it'll go in the boot as I've got a couple of passangers... Fits in my corolla but it's an estate, can't afford to hire one of them.... Otherwise it's the squidgy old dropzone.

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
definately wouldnt fit in my fezza without the back seats down, i doubt it would fit in any normal boot.

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
Check by phoning up where you are hireing from that it is actually a fiesta that they will have. I have only seen french cars as french hire cars in that bracket of hire car. I can't remember seeing any guests with fords. (I might be just being blind though  :-\ )

Maybe even an e-mail from them stating which model you will get might be an idea (so you can print it out and wave it at them if they try to give you something smaller).

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
Check by phoning up where you are hireing from that it is actually a fiesta that they will have.

i sincerely hope it's not as the OP stated a focus..

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
is the saturn the big one?
If so then definately not.
can't fit one in my a4 estate without the seats down
Also the car it says it will be giving you is only an example of the type of car

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
If the back seats split and drop you may be OK. We have an old Polo and can fit a Saturn, POD and a medium Franklin in with two passengers and bags. If the seats don't split there's no way you'll fit two passengers and a Saturn in.

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Cheers guys, I had a look on the hire car site and they do 5 seat people carriers for a similar price but I reckon that they'll not fair much better... And yea I think they say focus as a reference point but don't mention it on the agreement. Think I'll sew up the dodgy straps on the squidgy dropzone, or look into borrowing one off someone.... Hmmm.

Paul B

• forum hero
you can hire them from Neil H at Maisonbleau I believe, he's right next to Buthiers.

nik at work

• forum hero
Given that 95% of UK boulderers appear to be in Font that week I don't think you'll struggle to find people with mats that you can sit on to talk shit...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal