UKBouldering.com

[Yorkshire][Mytholm][7C+] Flight Path (Read 3092 times)

nik at work

• forum hero
[Yorkshire][Mytholm][7C+] Flight Path
March 16, 2010, 12:00:32 pm
Did this a couple of weeks ago, dyno to the right of Titus Gaukroger. Sit start on the juggy break, dyno up and right to the lip and rock onto the slab for an easy finish. Not that hard to reach the hold but difficult to hang. As with dynos the world over the grade could be waaay out...

Red line = Flight Path
White line = Titus Gaukroger

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Looks cool - what's it like conditions wise over that way?  I've got a meeting in Leeds at 11.00, and then not much else.  What the grade on Titus Roger again?  Is it any good etc.  Directions?

Keen.

nik at work

• forum hero
It's been wet here today and the crag is quite tree covered, however it does tend to dry surprisingly quickly and can stay sort of dry in the rain.
Titus Gaukroger is amazing, but I would say that, but it is really brilliant. 8A+
Flight Path is also very good, getting the distance on the dyno is pretty straightforward but hanging it is not so easy. The landing looks a bit intimidating (it's a slope) but in reality you just kind of slide down a bit so it's actually breaks the fall nicely.

I'd meet you there but I'm ferrying the mother-in-law round tomorrow.

Directions:
It's here

Come out of Hebden Bridge in the direction of Todmorden. Turn right onto Church Lane then follow the road up the steep winding road until you reach a small roadside quarry on the right hand side by a small lay by. Park in the lay by, walk back down the road to the sharp bend, go over the style then follow the vague footpath uphill, the rocks become obvious. The first significant buttress has a good warm up traverse. Titus and Flight Path are on the next buttress along.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal