UKBouldering.com

Five Ten Dragon Sizing (Read 7859 times)

spacey817

Five Ten Dragon Sizing
March 15, 2010, 11:38:23 pm
Just bought some Dragons to use as my steep shoe and they feel good, however stupidly tight at the moment. Standing up is ok on the outsides of my feet but on my toes is killer (also if i jump off anything i think i may break my feet!) Should i take them back and go another half size up or do these shoes stretch slightly and break in after a period of time? Any past experiences anyone else has had would be great.

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#1 Re: Five Ten Dragon Sizing
March 16, 2010, 12:06:12 am
Not had any dragons but my V10's were dirty tight when i got them and i had similar foot pain to you, after an hour they made the ends of my big toes go numb. They have now broken in and are superb. My advice is man up ;)

adam_NE5

• regular
#2 Re: Five Ten Dragon Sizing
March 16, 2010, 10:07:32 am
I have Dragons and sized them bigger than my Anasazis but they are still really tight, once the rubber around the toe has warmed up and stretched a bit they become bareable and very good shoes!

It probably wouldn't hurt to try the half size up mind, you will know straight away if they are too big.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#3 Re: Five Ten Dragon Sizing
March 16, 2010, 10:12:02 am
I ended up getting Dragons 1 size bigger than my Verdes, it was the smallest size I could physically fit into.
Once they stretch a bit they are better, so it may well be worth persevering.  Depends how painful they are I guess.

spacey817

#4 Re: Five Ten Dragon Sizing
March 16, 2010, 11:59:44 am
thanks for the responses. think I will man up and take the pain for a while. if they are too painful I'm sure someone on here would take a pair of hardly worn dragons off my hands...

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#5 Re: Five Ten Dragon Sizing
March 16, 2010, 12:01:42 pm
velcros -7
verde - 7
dragon - 8.5

they didn't seem to stretch very much which is good in my opinion

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
#6 Re: Five Ten Dragon Sizing
March 16, 2010, 03:42:17 pm
velcros -7
verde - 7
dragon - 8.5
they didn't seem to stretch very much which is good in my opinion

That's pretty much standard from my experience of people buying dragons. And we sell a lot of Dragons.

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
#7 Re: Five Ten Dragon Sizing
April 25, 2010, 03:57:30 pm
Bought some of these yesterday in an 8.5, I fit anasazi velcros and moccasyms in a 7.5.

Experiencing some pain issues, which are leading me to questions the size I bought, pain is mainly over the 'knuckles' of my toes, other than my big toe, which is fine.  Length and heel fit also seem fine.  The pain in the knuckles is not helped by the fact that in taking them on and off I have managed to get a blister on the top of the fourth toe of each foot  :'(  I am hoping for some slight 'bagging' in this area, as I have experienced with the velcros can anyone give me some reassurances that I might get some?

Other than the pain they are great though!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#8 Re: Five Ten Dragon Sizing
April 25, 2010, 04:38:08 pm
Probably worth persevering, they do bag out to an extent.

adam_NE5

• regular
#9 Re: Five Ten Dragon Sizing
April 26, 2010, 09:51:14 am
I had the same thing with mine and once they are broken in they are fine, try putting them on the radiator for a few mins then putting them on and bending your toes as if you were smearing on something, this seemed to cut my breaking in time in half.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal