UKBouldering.com

CragX in Sheffield is the biggest stockist of FiveTen shoes in the UK (Read 14662 times)

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
Noone else stocks as many FiveTen rock shoes as us. :great: So there's no point going anywhere else for rockshoes is there? Check out the full range here: http://cragxclimbing.com//index.php?keywords=five+ten&p=shop&submit=+Search+/?cid=7 or come in and see us in person at The Foundry.

We give discounts in the shop to all the usual groups and free postage on tinternet.

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
Brilliant stuff!

Went in today for a new pair of shoes and found the staff to be extremely knowledgeable and really friendly!, ended up leaving with a well fitted pair of Jet 7's, good stuff!

Cheers lads!

:great:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Does anyone else stock Daescents? Its a no-brainer.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Brilliant stuff!

Went in today for a new pair of shoes and found the staff to be extremely knowledgeable and really friendly!, ended up leaving with a well fitted pair of Jet 7's, good stuff!

Cheers lads!

:great:
I hope you bought the smallest pair you could pysically get on, or maybe even smaller. Everyone I know who has got them they goes really baggy

Peanuts

• player
I find that buying 5.10's are a bit like that old VW advert ....

This is the man who opted for the 'Pinks' just as everyone else was buying the 'Greens'

This is the man who followed the Green trend just as the trend turned to White

This is the man who bet on the winning Whites when they were swallowed by Dragons

Blah blah  ... Jet7...  blah blah   ....  LV's .... etc etc etc

If you want to know when 5.10 will ring out a new model/colour then just look in the shop five minutes after I have bought a new pair of 5.10's.  :-\

Or .... perhaps Iain, you could give us the low down on what will be coming out this year ?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
If you want to know when 5.10 will ring out a new model/colour then just look in the shop five minutes after I have bought a new pair of 5.10's.  :-\

Its a range - different boots for different uses. The only one that is arguably obsolete are the Greens. When the stiffness of the Whites gives out after a couple of months they then perform similarly to the greens but with a better heel.

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
Or .... perhaps Iain, you could give us the low down on what will be coming out this year ?

There were some approach shoes due this Spring that we are still waiting for but no new rock shoes that I can think of (unless you count the Team as new but we had that last November).

There is a new version of the Newton due in Autumn '10 but nothing in the White/Green/VCS/LV style and no more new dragon/V10-a-likes.

We won't find out about the new range for next spring until around July sometime.

The Sausage

• forum abuser
What are the smallest sizes you do? I know plenty girls who have been trying to get dragons/V10s in sizes smaller than 5 for years. They're out there - we managed to get some size 4 V10s in vieux campeur a few years ago.
Put your money where your mouth is!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It says they have Dragons in size 4 and 4.5 here......  :shrug:

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
What are the smallest sizes you do? I know plenty girls who have been trying to get dragons/V10s in sizes smaller than 5 for years. They're out there - we managed to get some size 4 V10s in vieux campeur a few years ago.
Put your money where your mouth is!

Sarah wears size 3 - 4 depending on the model and has always had success finding small shoes at Crag X. She doesn't wear v10s or similar though.

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
Yet more good press for CragX; most shops don't stock smaller boots, or high-performance shoes because they sit on the shelves for a while compared to size 8 boreals or whatever.

I can pretty much consistently get what I'm after at CragX.  :bow:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Seeing as this is turning into a love-in, I went in to buy a Lundy guide, and Iain warned me a new one was about to come out and lent me his instead. You don't get that in Outside.

dave

I don't know where all these boots are hidden, all I see when I go is a load of flytipping detritus, a wooden ladder and some semi rare underwater mosses.

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
It says they have Dragons in size 4 and 4.5 here......  :shrug:

And if it says we have them....we do. We pay lots and lots of money for a stock system that updates in real time so if the website says it's there then it will be. The only exception is when something has been stolen and we haven't noticed yet which only seems to hit about one order every 3-4 months.

To answer the Sausage: We do verde, siren and LV down to 3; dragons and VCS down to sz4 and Team and whites down to 5 because that is as small as they make them - I'd get smaller else.
Galileo, Gambit, etc etc generally start at sz6 but tend not to be popular with the ladies.

cofe

• forum hero
have you considered doing the 5x Iain, or do you reckon there's not enough demand?

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
have you considered doing the 5x Iain, or do you reckon there's not enough demand?

Considered it and initially rejected it on the grounds that it was a lot of money for what most customers will see as a slipper but I've been considering it again after having good feedback from someone who has used them.

The trouble with getting new models in is finding somewhere to put the buggers. We already have 36 models (not counting clearance oddments) and our storeroom is not the tardis. We're almost at the point of one-in-one-out and there are other shoes fighting for the honour. Anyone really keen to see us stock 5x let me know and I'll shift it up the rankings accordingly.

cofe

• forum hero
i'd be keen, but wouldn't expect you to stock them if you didn't think you'd sell enough.

The Sausage

• forum abuser
Thanks, I'll pass it on.

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
What's your best price for a D3s with a couple of off-camera flashes?

Stubbs

Seeing this thread is about shoes you must be talking about these bad boys from back int day

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
what about the grandstone. looks well fly

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
what about the grandstone. looks well fly

:agree: I was thinking about ditching Dragons and Blancos and replacing them with the Grandstone and Rock Wrench :shrug:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal