UKBouldering.com

new moon holds (Read 7049 times)

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
new moon holds
February 23, 2010, 02:31:29 pm
anyone used these  http://www.moonclimbing.com/hardgoods/bolt-on-holds/school-holds-training-set-full-set-b-p-13176.html

they look nice!  I've used the original moon holds and thought they were ok  some of them quite nasty tho. But Moon do seem to address the need for a largeish set of training holds.

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: new moon holds
February 23, 2010, 04:18:42 pm
didn't one of the member carve them?  ;)

pete b

• regular
#2 Re: new moon holds
February 24, 2010, 10:36:03 am
Does this mean that the original set won't be supported with the new routes any more?
It looks like the price will be much higher than the old set. In order to get the full set for all the problems you have to pay £240 compared to £100 for the original set.
I've been contemplating building a moon board in my attic.

Ben Moon

#3 Re: new moon holds
February 24, 2010, 07:42:44 pm
All 3 sets of holds will be fully supported. As I mentioned in an early forum we are launching a new Moon Board website accessed through the moon climbing website where you will be able to upload and download problems, videos, comments and more. This should be up and running in a couple of months. The Original set are pretty crimpy and you wont get many easy problems. The 2 new sets are more user friendly and cost £20 more than the originals. The reason they are more expensive is because they are bigger. The more sets you have the more problems you will be able to do. Ben Pritchard shaped the 2 new sets.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#4 Re: new moon holds
February 24, 2010, 07:48:30 pm
anyone used these  http://www.moonclimbing.com/hardgoods/bolt-on-holds/school-holds-training-set-full-set-b-p-13176.html

they look nice!  I've used the original moon holds and thought they were ok  some of them quite nasty tho. But Moon do seem to address the need for a largeish set of training holds.

I have a load of them on my board, they are great

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#5 Re: new moon holds
February 24, 2010, 09:16:15 pm
All 3 sets of holds will be fully supported. As I mentioned in an early forum we are launching a new Moon Board website accessed through the moon climbing website where you will be able to upload and download problems, videos, comments and more. This should be up and running in a couple of months. The Original set are pretty crimpy and you wont get many easy problems. The 2 new sets are more user friendly and cost £20 more than the originals. The reason they are more expensive is because they are bigger. The more sets you have the more problems you will be able to do. Ben Pritchard shaped the 2 new sets.

Hello Ben  :bow:

Can we interest you in a banner advert ? Very affordable while stocks last - details here:   http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,13637.0.html

Best, Simon

pete b

• regular
#6 Re: new moon holds
February 25, 2010, 09:36:19 am
Thanks Ben. I will probably buy one of the new sets for my new board to start off with - if I have enough space in my new house to build it.
Do you think that having 3 sets is slightly getting away from the idea of everyone having the same board with the same holds? Different people will have different sets and it becomes a bit more complex. Do you intend to bring out more sets in the future or is that it now?

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#7 Re: new moon holds
February 26, 2010, 11:47:36 am
Thanks for the replies. So what's the difference between the black and white sets?

pete b

• regular
#8 Re: new moon holds
February 26, 2010, 12:44:56 pm
I have the same question. The black and white sets look quite similar. I would have thought that a single new set of 50 holds with good variety is all that is needed to set up an unlimited number of problems from very easy to very hard. What was the reason for bringing out 2 quite similar new sets?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#9 Re: new moon holds
February 26, 2010, 01:16:07 pm
Thanks for the replies. So what's the difference between the black and white sets?

The amount of light absorbed/reflected?  :shrug:

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#10 Re: new moon holds
February 26, 2010, 04:28:24 pm
Do they have a metal matrix? If so shirely emissions of IR radiation will make them greasy?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal