UKBouldering.com

pseudo moon board (Read 2034 times)

nossood

pseudo moon board
February 23, 2010, 12:27:52 pm
I'm building a garage and was planning for about 5 meter height, however it seems like it will be a too expensive construction so I'll probably end up with 2.60 meter to the ceiling.

I was planning to build a full moon board but that won't be possible with 2,60 meters, which option would you go for?

1. Skip the kickboard and also build the wall slightly shorter and keep the angle.
2. Build the kickboard and build the wall even shorter and keep the angle.
3. Build the kickboard and make the wall steeper to make the full wall length fit.
4. Skip the moonboard idea and build something else.

I realize I won't be able to build all if any of the moonboard problems, the question is more about building the most useable wall for training and building strength. Please also motivate your answers.

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: pseudo moon board
February 23, 2010, 12:41:43 pm
I'd probably go with 4. What use are preset problems if you can't do the whole thing? If you just steepen it up you might find that the preset problems become ridiculously hard.

I've had the pleasure of climbing on a number of great boards; the school, the mill, beastmakers bedroom board and now the motherboard. Personally I found the steeper (45-56', feet follow boards to be much more power oreintated whereas the motherboard seems to be like a giant cruel fingerboard. It all depends on what you want to imrpove on.

Eddies

• forum hero
#2 Re: pseudo moon board
February 23, 2010, 09:31:40 pm
What is the motherboard?

Eddies

• forum hero
#3 Re: pseudo moon board
February 23, 2010, 09:38:42 pm
Pardon me. Its the new training board at the works isnt it... Ive not tried it yet

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal