UKBouldering.com

Moon Board Problems (Read 4575 times)

fu.gu

Moon Board Problems
February 09, 2010, 12:46:50 pm
Looking at building a Moon Board, following their instructions. Are they not adding new problems up for download though as they seem to stop at Nov '07?

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: Moon Board Problems
February 09, 2010, 01:16:08 pm
the moon board was located in the School Room which has been closed down for some time now. Reopening is meant to be in the pipeline... Take that as you will.

Currently, I'm not sure if there IS a moon board for the problems to be set on and then put on the site.

fu.gu

#2 Re: Moon Board Problems
February 09, 2010, 06:04:37 pm
Shame, seems like a good idea. I'm sure other people have built them based on the instructions on the site and I'm surprised that there is no central location where everyone uploads there own problems for others to set and try.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#3 Re: Moon Board Problems
February 09, 2010, 06:29:16 pm
It could be worth setting something up as I know of one wall near me that is getting a Moon Board soon. You'd have to ensure everyone is using the same version of hold set up though.

Paul B

• forum hero
#4 Re: Moon Board Problems
February 09, 2010, 06:36:30 pm
Personally I always found the holds a little tweaky.

Ben Moon

#5 Re: Moon Board Problems
February 09, 2010, 09:40:47 pm
The School Room is closed down which means no access to the Moon Board which is why no new problems have been uploaded for the past couple of years. The good news is that we are building a new interactive Moon Board website accessible from within the moonclimbing website. This will enable users to upload new problem and download existing problems and set ups. The user will also be able to add comments, propose grades, rate a problem for it quality and upload a video for any problem in the data base. Users will also be able to register and name the Moon Board that they train whether it's a private Moon board or one in a gym.

We have also made 2 new sets of 50 holds to go with the Original set of 40. The originals are very fingery but who ever got strong finger pulling on jugs.

fu.gu

#6 Re: Moon Board Problems
February 09, 2010, 09:59:32 pm
Cool sounds perfect! Didn't want to build something that wasn't 'supported' any more but it sounds like there is quite a cool plan in the pipelines.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal