UKBouldering.com

Stages of photography... (Read 2101 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Stages of photography...
February 04, 2010, 12:19:07 pm

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Stages of photography...
February 04, 2010, 12:26:07 pm
Very true (although I don't understand the /p/ bit)

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
#2 Re: Stages of photography...
February 04, 2010, 12:40:10 pm
Haha that is so on the button!
Reminds me of somthing funny that happened recently.... After stating on numerous occasions to the girlfriend and my mates how much disdain I hold for the silly wanky art students walking around Shoreditch/Hoxton with ironic haircuts, decked from head to toe in high end vintage fashion clothing paid for by mummy and daddy (since their family were so rich they have never even seen a student loan application form), walking around with old film cameras with a manual focus prime, shooting the same bits of Banksy graffiti that have been shot my 40 other clones that look exactly like them only a few hours ago, acting like they are creating a unique piece of art in the process, faffing around with the composition for ages, and then taking about 10 minutes to get the shot in focus...anyway I digress, I got given an old film camera, with a 50mm prime from my girlfriend, and you know what, after not having touched a film camera for years it's actually kind of fun!
There is something satisfying about playing with a fully manual camera devoid of all electronics (apart from the light meter), and the hilariously loud shutter is kind of cool, and the fact that it is some 70's relic dug out of her old family home attic makes it all the more awesome!
However I have safe guarded myself from wankification by instructing the girlfriend to beat me about the face if I should ever:
Start wearing skinny jeans
Develop a hairstyle of any kind
Photograph Banksy graffiti, or god forbid.....
Start a lomographic camera collection

So far I have remained in one piece, touch woody.

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Re: Stages of photography...
February 04, 2010, 03:08:34 pm
Geerfagotry, spot on  :spank:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal