UKBouldering.com

inexpensive training slippers (Read 5784 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
inexpensive training slippers
January 20, 2010, 11:51:58 am
anyone know of any about at the moment?

Been looking for Stix, Evolv, Moccasyms etc but not turning any up at the moment

slippers or velcros i guess.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#1 Re: inexpensive training slippers
January 20, 2010, 12:01:16 pm
Moccs available at the Works. Not sure where you're based though.

Ethan

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: inexpensive training slippers
January 21, 2010, 12:30:10 am
Think RockRun still have a few Stix's in stock also some here too

http://www.equipyourtrip.com/scarpa-stix-climbing-shoe.html

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: inexpensive training slippers
April 25, 2010, 04:05:35 pm
Anyone rate these http://www.rockrun.com/products/Talon.html they don't fit me as well as the dragons I bought (but are currently killing me, see other thread), but for the price I might get a slightly larger size for use indoors/to save my good shoes.

Or as a slipper http://www.rockrun.com/products/Maniac.html has anyone tried these, got any idea on sizing, they are super cheap, but look super stupid?

Similarly, these http://www.rockrun.com/products/Mugen-Tech.html any size ideas/feedback?

Also has anyone tried the new 5.10 rogues http://www.rockrun.com/products/Rogue.html, they look like a less technical version of the anasazi velcros?

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#4 Re: inexpensive training slippers
April 25, 2010, 04:11:04 pm
Talon's = excellent downturned alternatives to Dragon's, nice sensitive rubber and less painful over the toebox (for me at least).

Mugen Tech = Unsensitive plastic clogs with very hard rubber that is good for specific edging moves but not a great allrounder.

Rogues = Super comfy beginner/intermediate shoe that you can wear all day

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
#5 Re: inexpensive training slippers
April 25, 2010, 04:14:29 pm
Rogues = Super comfy beginner/intermediate shoe that you can wear all day
Do you know how they are for stretching, I have a pair of v-miles which I liked for the all day, easy trad, grit bouldering, pottering at the wall but they have bagged an incredible amount (they are probably not far off dead though).

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper
#6 Re: inexpensive training slippers
April 25, 2010, 05:41:44 pm
Mad Rock Maniacs - actually really good! They're really sticky, and very flexible so they smear very well. They stretch about a full UK size I reckon, I wear 7 1/2 trainers, got the maniacs in a size 6 and now they fit really comfortably. Not good for steep sustained climbing with positive edges for feet, but then they're very soft and not very downturned..... so they won't be! Which might actually make them very good for training.

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper
#7 Re: inexpensive training slippers
April 25, 2010, 05:43:29 pm
Oh and they don't look stupid if you take the velcro strap off, it's surprisingly effective at keeping the heel on if you're hooking though (and don't mind looking like a numpty)  :thumbsup:

Paul B

• forum hero
#8 Re: inexpensive training slippers
April 25, 2010, 06:04:18 pm
Talon's = excellent downturned alternatives to Dragon's, nice sensitive rubber and less painful over the toebox (for me at least).

Sorry to sound like a broken record here; have evolv changed their rubber significantly? Maybe in fit they offer a good alternative but evolv rubber is terrible in comparison to C4. I always swore that my predators were just as good as fiveten, then I bought some dragons and realised how wrong i'd been.

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
#9 Re: inexpensive training slippers
April 25, 2010, 09:35:16 pm
Mad Rock Maniacs - actually really good! They're really sticky, and very flexible so they smear very well. They stretch about a full UK size I reckon, I wear 7 1/2 trainers, got the maniacs in a size 6 and now they fit really comfortably. Not good for steep sustained climbing with positive edges for feet, but then they're very soft and not very downturned..... so they won't be! Which might actually make them very good for training.
Have you ever worn any 5.10's and if so what size all my current climbing shoes are 5.10 and can probably get a better idea of size from that.

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper
#10 Re: inexpensive training slippers
April 25, 2010, 10:14:54 pm
Only ever worn someone else's T Rocks, they were a size 6 and right on the pain threshold so I think I'd want a 6.5 in those.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal