UKBouldering.com

What to do in Font when it snows??? (Read 1951 times)

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
What to do in Font when it snows???
January 15, 2010, 06:32:57 pm
I will be travelling to the forest for the first time next Fri and although i have faith that there will be no snow or rain (just cold temps and a slight breeze ::)),  i am after some things to do if there isn't any climbing to be had. I'm after cheap or free options, cos the funds are low. I can travel in to Paris so anything in the city would be OK. I have never been to Paris so dint know much about it, anything photographic or street art based would be good, or any galleries/exhibitions to be honest. Cheers

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: What to do in Font when it snows???
January 16, 2010, 09:40:57 am
Paris isn't that cheap!

Obvious things are the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur (very cool spiral staircase out of the Metro near here with great paintings on the walls, and good curry restaurants in the area), Les Invalides (where Napoleon is burried).

Just grab one of the Time Out or other such city guides for more comprehensive info though as I don't really know what I'm talking about.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#2 Re: What to do in Font when it snows???
January 16, 2010, 09:57:26 am
I'm sure you could spends a couple of days just wandering around the snowy forest- lots and lots of paths to get lost in (and orientate yourself for when you go boulder hunting).
Fontainebleau itself will kill an afternoon, the palace grounds are worth a look.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#3 Re: What to do in Font when it snows???
January 16, 2010, 01:36:02 pm
Go Boar hunting/tracking. But remember, when/if being charged, step out of the way at the last minute, they can't turn direction at speed. Or so i am told  ;)

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#4 Re: What to do in Font when it snows???
January 16, 2010, 04:12:40 pm
Cheers fella's, some good knowledge. Boulder hunting and checking out the forest was gonna be my first thought as i havent been before i need to learn my way around. Tracking the boar was also an option, after reading unc's blog i thought i would be crazy to miss the opertunity to hunt the beasts. It aint gonna rain anyway and i will be huddled under the board at maisonbleau if it does.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal