UKBouldering.com

Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester (Read 99881 times)

T_B

• forum hero
Erection, La Grave. Good tick.

north_country_boy

• junky
This seems all very strange, the website gives the impression they aren't 'boulderers' and surely there must be someone/others involved with more idea about providing a successful facility for all abilities.....

I suspect it may be a smokescreen at present, because either the building isnt secured or they haven't actually found a building yet?

clm

• forum hero
There is some info about the guy here and more links on the left but no more exact info as to where in Manchester the bouldering wall is, thanks for pointing out it is actually in the centre Dobbin, I missed that  :beer2:

There is also a gallery of pics but looks to be non climbing centre related.

http://www.rockoverclimbing.co.uk/about.html

Yikes! He really should have had that lot proof read before putting it on line. Swaps from third to first person and tons of spelling mistakes. I know peeps get shouted down for pedantry on here but if thats going to be his livelihood it needs to look professional.

saltbeef

• forum hero
how can you claim to have  a fantastic atmosphere when it doesn't even exist yet?

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
From the other channel:

by - Tom Stewart  on - 18:59 Fri
It is going to be right in the city centre, within 3 minutes walk from Victoria Station.

clm

• forum hero
urbis? Men? Or maybe that gaff that used to be a skate park by band on the wall? Under the railway arches?

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
be very keen to see the quality of this place.
when i first read their websites write up, i was already questioning a few things - how can they promote a fantastic atmosphere just yet? we [the general public] have only just found out! and the northwest Premier bouldering location...have they been to buk or broughton, for whom i will vouch for their top flight in that league

then reading clm's post and his link, tom don't seem to be a dedicated boulderer as there is no mention of any ascents. hopefully the wall builders he's hired knows what a dedicated premier bouldering wall needs

broughton will always be that area's premier location. until it gets knocked down for more social housing

Eddies

• forum hero
The word is that its very close to Victoria stn, will have more bouldering than the works and a dry tooling room!

account_inactive

• forum hero
There is also word that they don't actually have the building yet  :whistle:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
I don't mean to be funny, but what's the point of a dry tooling room?  There's not a lot of people that need to train for dry tooling 'cos not too many people operate at that level, so I really can't see them heading to ths place to get that extra grade.
Why waste space when you could bung in a campus board/ rings etc?

Eddies

• forum hero
Because this place is mahoosive, and there is room for everything!
There gonna have a nice woody, campus board and all that shizzle spread over 3 floors.
Im saying no more, I may get shot as it is!

saltbeef

• forum hero
there's always room for dryboning

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
what about a milking room for saltus?

north_country_boy

• junky
There gonna have a nice woody, campus board and all that shizzle spread over 3 floors.

11,000 square Feet? Pretty much the same size as the works? Something will have to give to fit everything in like you say...

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives

i can't think of any buildings over 3 floors around that area at the mo. by strangeways or off bury old road near the asian fashion houses/close to broughton?

i wonder if its an andy long built wall as jamie cassidy did mention andy's next build was a secretive one

Eddies

• forum hero
Nomnok is on the money.

saltbeef

• forum hero
what about a milking room for saltus?

and a fisting chamber? bring your ball gag and your red leather zip mask, and your fingerless satin fisting gloves.

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
and a fisting chamber? bring your ball gag and your red leather zip mask, and your fingerless satin fisting gloves.
Sorry for going  :off: but.....

Why would fisting gloves be fingerless, surely that's missing the point?

saltbeef

• forum hero
try them

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
try them
I'm having difficulty finding the fingerless ones to be honest, I put 'satin fisting glove' into Google and it came back with this:

a dense loner

• forum hero
is it gonna cost as much as stockport wall? £7.50 for the shittest bouldering wall and the shittest set probs i've ever had the displeasure to climb on. is manchester in london? no

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Another one for the OE book of quotations ;)

I can see the day coming when we have drive through McBouldering walls at this rate.

Wipey Why

• forum hero
So is this The wall that Rupert Davies (Ru) is involved in then?

That was my initial thought too.

I'm curious as to exactly where it is.
Substantial industrial building in the area which has applied for a change of use? Maybe some internet digging with unearth some answers.

Teaboy

• forum hero
I did that yesterday by looking on the Manchester council planning site but couldn't see anything. Looked for any change of use applications in the last six months, mind you 2-3 mins from Victoria could be in Trafford or somewhere not covered.

I'm worried that this is all sounding like a bit of a witch hunt with doubts about the wall before anyone knows anything (I'm as guilty as anyone, I know) and I'd hate to put him off.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal