UKBouldering.com

gooDADvice (Read 243307 times)

joeb

• addict
#200 Re: gooDADvice
November 28, 2010, 10:27:51 am
Posting from the phone so be gentle on any typos, my daughter is com :whistle:i :whistle:ng up for two and regularly walks the pooch with us. Any ideas on good outdoor clothing as the weather change ?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#201 Re: gooDADvice
November 28, 2010, 11:38:22 am
Loads of good stuff on littletrekkers.co.uk.

Got a Spotty Otter down suit and a fleece suit on sale.

Kyle is sled head mode yesterday.

Looks like the suits are out of sale stock, but seperates still there

http://www.littletrekkers.co.uk/shop/index.php/browse/cd5dedcc770e8e057f5ee6b7a29daf73

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#202 Re: gooDADvice
November 28, 2010, 11:51:51 am
Top photo.  :)

joeb

• addict
#203 Re: gooDADvice
November 28, 2010, 12:34:09 pm
Ni :great: just ordered some bits from there top advice.

Dr T

• forum hero
#204 Re: gooDADvice
November 28, 2010, 02:15:31 pm
We tried teething powders, not sure which, and they didn't seem to work for ours.  Although Blob 1 had all her teeth by about 9 months anyway so teething didn't last long.  We stuck to paracetmaol/ibuprofen.
And don't forget Nelson's contain lactose.  And it's scientifically proven to be homeopathic, Nik.

We use Ashton and Parsons for Jr T - paracetmaol/ibuprofen for the pain/teething related raised temp'
But to calm him down and chill him out the powders are great - also the only way he'll let either of us have a feel around in the back of his mouth for more teeth....

SA Chris

• forum hero
#205 Re: gooDADvice
November 28, 2010, 06:59:31 pm
Top photo.  :)

Cheers. He wasn't smiling when we stopped in the park and he rolled out the sledge and got a facefull.

ben

• obsessive maniac
#206 Re: gooDADvice
December 03, 2010, 04:30:49 pm
When are you heading peakward? Interested to hear about child friendly accomodation in the area, as we plan doing similar late winter / early spring.
Chris - had a fantastic week in the Peak, escaping just as the snow fell last saturday.
Some nice sessions at curbar/burbage, but best day was friday with newstones/baldstones to myself in lovely cold crisp conditions but with some sunshine to keep warm enough (ripple - what a great problem).

buggy bouldering - took the buggy to trackside and out to the eagle stone which both worked fine.

the place we stayed was really nice, luxurious, warm and cosy, nice walks out the back door.  It was baby friendly (whatever that is), but i'm not really qualified to tell if it was child friendly. It only had one double room so i guess no good for bigger kids. PM me if you want details of it.

fatkid2000

• junky
#207 Re: gooDADvice
December 04, 2010, 10:23:45 am
Not sure if this has come up before - but don't buy anything from Anklebitters on Abbeydale Road, Sheffield.

We ordered a high car from them about 8 weeks ago. They told us it  would be a week as they had already ordered them so we were just reserving one they already had coming in. It's still not here. We were trying to support local shops - but their customer service is shit.

We also ordered a sleeping bag thing for the pram and they ordered the wrong colour - and that took 6 weeks.

What's really frustrating is that we could have got it off the net and had it weeks ago, as Kiddiecare have it in stock.

From the MOther & Baby group my wife goes to this is pretty normal service from them.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#208 Re: gooDADvice
December 04, 2010, 06:05:08 pm
Hitch & Hike in Bamford have some good (Bushbaby) all in one snow suits.  Sadly Buffalo have stopped making their kit which is a shame because it was superb.

Horlicks seems to help Hugo go to sleep which is a bonus.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#209 Re: gooDADvice
December 20, 2010, 09:24:00 pm
Kyle in eye of needle mode and puking all day. In hindsight letting him in the ball pool at the local pub and him trying to eat the balls may not have been a good idea. Those things must be bacteria havens.

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#210 Re: gooDADvice
January 01, 2011, 09:53:32 pm
I had no idea that three verses of the French National Anthem would send the little one to sleep.

Can reccomend it though!  :thumbsup:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#211 Re: gooDADvice
January 01, 2011, 10:08:49 pm
well sleeping on the job is their national sport  ;D

SA Chris

• forum hero
#212 Re: gooDADvice
January 02, 2011, 08:23:30 am
Try anything and go with what works. Kyle liked excerpts from the Nirvana unplugged album.

Dr T

• forum hero
#213 Re: gooDADvice
January 02, 2011, 09:03:48 am
Kyle in eye of needle mode and puking all day. In hindsight letting him in the ball pool at the local pub and him trying to eat the balls may not have been a good idea. Those things must be bacteria havens.

too true unfortunately - Jr T had the same reaction after using the soft play area on the ferry on the way to font last time out...  :(

Try anything and go with what works. Kyle liked excerpts from the Nirvana unplugged album.

It's odd what they end up liking, Jr T had a thing for Rob Zombie and Underworld for a while, at almost 2 years old its anything pop-punk that they play on Kerrang radio...

rich d

• forum hero
#214 Re: gooDADvice
January 02, 2011, 01:36:56 pm
Mine were both the specials mixed with stone roses - fools gold and waterfall being their favourites. Now however the wife has corrupted them into take that - nightmare

SA Chris

• forum hero
#215 Re: gooDADvice
February 25, 2011, 09:27:24 am
More a question for the docs than the dads, but seeing as most on here are both..

Kyle has MMR jab booked for this afternoon, but developed conjunctivitis on Tuesday had to stay at home Wednesday and has antibiotic drops from the doc. Eyes seem to have cleared up now, but still on the drops.

Is this any reason to delay him getting the injections? I know it not a good idea to let him have innoculations unless he is healthy? Otherwise he is fine, apart from the usual snotty nose. Are we just being paranoid?

Appreciated that this is just opinion and won't hold anyone to it.

Thanks

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#216 Re: gooDADvice
February 25, 2011, 09:40:24 am
just ring the docs and they will tell you to ring back when be is healthy

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#217 Re: gooDADvice
February 25, 2011, 11:44:02 am
More a question for the docs than the dads, but seeing as most on here are both..

Kyle has MMR jab booked for this afternoon, but developed conjunctivitis on Tuesday had to stay at home Wednesday and has antibiotic drops from the doc. Eyes seem to have cleared up now, but still on the drops.

Is this any reason to delay him getting the injections? I know it not a good idea to let him have innoculations unless he is healthy? Otherwise he is fine, apart from the usual snotty nose. Are we just being paranoid?

Appreciated that this is just opinion and won't hold anyone to it.

Thanks
cold tea bags to wipe the eye clean of crap , repeat until clears up, Ludo had it the other week

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#218 Re: gooDADvice
February 25, 2011, 11:51:21 am
cold tea bags to wipe the eye clean of crap , repeat until clears up, Ludo had it the other week

And he's looking much better for it...

SA Chris

• forum hero
#219 Re: gooDADvice
February 25, 2011, 12:06:05 pm

Cheers FB. Eyes are sorted, was just more concerned about antibiotics / MMR mix.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#220 Re: gooDADvice
February 25, 2011, 12:55:58 pm
I don't know if I'd take the risk while he's on A/B, the MMR can send them a bit funny afterwards anyway and on top of the medication he might feel a bit horrid.  Although maybe as they're eye antibiotics it wouldn't matter so much.  In short, I have no clue, do you want me to ask on the kids board of my other forum and see what they say?

SA Chris

• forum hero
#221 Re: gooDADvice
February 25, 2011, 12:59:30 pm
No it's all good thanks! If it was oral a/bs we would definitely put it off, but as they are topical (?) it left room for doubt.. I think the homework has been done on other forums already. was just interested in a more pragmatic view :)

I think we are going to err on the side of caution and put it off for a week.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#222 Re: gooDADvice
February 25, 2011, 02:47:32 pm
Cool, for topical ones I would say it would be fine but always better to err on the side of caution with the precious bundles.  ;)

fatkid2000

• junky
#223 Re: gooDADvice
February 25, 2011, 07:59:53 pm
The very vast majority of sticky eyes in infants is NOT conjunctivitis - It's just that: a sticky eye. Usually associated with a viral infection.

So the vast majority of times cleaning with cooled boiled water is the way forwards, or FBSF advice of an old wife's tale.

GPs just give out topical abs just to get people out of their rooms. I only give them out if the conjunctiva is inflamed.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#224 Re: gooDADvice
March 05, 2011, 09:33:49 pm

Francesca quite likes Techno, particularly German Chris Liebing type stuff although Surgeon seems acceptable. She also seems to like a bit of Progressive House but I've told her I ain't buying any of that stuff, Spotify only I'm afraid. Maybe that's why she just puked 5ozs of milk all down my chest as I was giving her a good night cuddle while Mum's out with the girls tonight.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal