UKBouldering.com

gooDADvice (Read 241997 times)

jordysi

• player
#75 Re: gooDADvice
January 20, 2010, 08:27:46 am
pooing farting and building up for a good screech... my god he is his fathers son!

LucyB

• Trusted Users
  • obsessive maniac
#76 Re: gooDADvice
January 20, 2010, 08:12:44 pm
ludo is a cross between churchill and
especially when pooing/farting/building up for a loud screech

Got his father's looks then  :lol:

Congrats by the way! I'm generally up for baby/ dog walking if your good lady fancies it.

Lu  :hug:

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#77 Re: gooDADvice
January 27, 2010, 01:12:40 pm
cheers lucy, more likely to be me the househusband doing the baby walking  with the nil results from my job hunting at the moment

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#78 Re: gooDADvice
January 27, 2010, 02:40:17 pm
Hope something turns up soon! Just changed nappy and got peed on again. I think he's getting cunning now and does it as soon as I look awy for a second.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#79 Re: gooDADvice
January 27, 2010, 04:02:35 pm
aaahhh yes, our carpet has already had a lot of stick. The key is to try and keep the new nappy/clothes/ own clothes, furniture out of the line of fire!

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
#80 Re: gooDADvice
January 27, 2010, 04:28:29 pm
Just changed nappy and got peed on again.
Loosening the nappy seems to make them wee. Best thing to do is undo nappy fastening then lift and then place back the nappy front straight away. That should usually catch it. Also if changeing little boys nappies, make sure you do this with a closed mouth  :lol:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#81 Re: gooDADvice
January 27, 2010, 04:31:18 pm
Also if changeing little boys nappies, make sure you do this with a closed mouth  :lol:

:o Naughty Thomas!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#82 Re: gooDADvice
January 27, 2010, 05:24:32 pm
Loosening the nappy seems to make them wee. Best thing to do is undo nappy fastening then lift and then place back the nappy front straight away. That should usually catch it. Also if changeing little boys nappies, make sure you do this with a closed mouth  :lol:

Apparently it's the cold air. Was instantaneous initially, but he now leaves it for a few minutes until all cleaning work is done, and then releases when it's least expected, often all over his own feet. Maybe he's destined to be a rugby player (the horror) and is developing a taste for bleating.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#83 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 02:38:43 pm
Anyone have any experience of this?

http://www.cranial.org.uk/page3.html

I am somewhat suspicious in that it claims to cure just about all ailments common in infants, and unconvinced that rubbing their head is going to help relieve any pressure other than pressure caused by readies on your wallet.

drdeath

• player

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#85 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 03:01:40 pm
Quite clearly utter bollocks, but heh no more so than homeopathy.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#86 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 04:24:54 pm
I know a cranial osteopathist, and know of children helped positively by cranial osteopathy.  Comparison w/ homeopathy is crass.

drdeath

• player
#87 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 04:45:47 pm
yet accurate.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#88 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 04:47:18 pm
I could find out about it for you, if you are really interested?  There is loads of stuff about it on another forum (with baby section) I use, with links etc.  From memory people are divided on using it on babies, some say it worked wonders others are not so keen and there are quite a lot of people concerned about injury from it being done wrongly, it's the sort of thing that can do a lot of harm if the person practicing it doesn't know what you are doing, especially on wee ones, apparently, obviously this is all second hand info from other people I have spoken with about it. 

It's also meant to be really good for dentistry stuff, which is :off: for this thread but interesting.

Sloper

• forum hero
#89 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 05:45:03 pm
It's utter, utter, utter bollocks and people that believe in it an use it are either self deluded or terminally mis-informed.

Placebo at best, serious risk of brain injury at worst; probably relatively harmless but why run the risk.

Nothing is so stupid that you won't find someone who believes in it.

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
#90 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 05:53:54 pm
Top tip for changing a baby boys' nappy ..... Always keep a plastic cup on standby .....

I did try to help ...... ::)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#91 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 06:39:23 pm
baby massage is good, there will probably be a local clinic thing you can go to for free and be shown how.
cranial osteopathy is obviously bollocks

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#92 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 07:43:39 pm
baby massage is good

He's right, you know. Legs and arms when they are tiny; with a bit of gentle tummy rubbing in a clockwise direction.

Once they can sit up on their own they love a gentle shoulder/neck/back massage. Polly gets an amusing tranced out smile on her face when I do her upper back and shoulders in the evening.

Sloper

• forum hero
#93 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 08:00:46 pm
Just what ever you do don't rub anti clockwise, it disturbs their chakra and generally misaligns karmic energy which can lead ot all sorts of things, like voting Tory and not believing in all this alt therapy BS.

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#94 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 08:39:04 pm
Nothing is so stupid that you won't find someone who believes in it.

So speaketh the tory

Sloper

• forum hero
#95 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 08:48:02 pm
Indeed, now then sweetie, good job you're not in the profit making business eh? :-*

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#96 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 08:49:07 pm
Nonsense, you know that Graeme drinks like an Earl.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#97 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 08:59:26 pm
Baby massage is great, especially for being able to devote time to the kid and connect with them more.  Skin to skin contact and all that.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#98 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 09:08:34 pm
Back-scratching works for me. 10 minutes before bed-time get the old back-scratcher out and give it some "up a bit, left a bit" action. They'll soon get the hang of it. You can do it to them too I guess....

SA Chris

• forum hero
#99 Re: gooDADvice
January 28, 2010, 10:42:14 pm
Just what ever you do don't rub anti clockwise, it disturbs their chakra and generally misaligns karmic energy which can lead ot all sorts of things, like voting Tory and not believing in all this alt therapy BS.

Actually I think that clockwise is the direction of passage through the digestive tract, if you do it anticlockwise you are interrupting the flow and can cause indigestion and irritability, which I guess could cause anyone to vote tory. or go insane. same thing.

Have been doing a bit of massage at the moment and he loves it if  you choose the right time to do it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal