UKBouldering.com

Grip Saver Plus... (Read 2728 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Grip Saver Plus...
December 30, 2009, 10:36:51 pm
Got one of these for Xmas - seems OK - anyone used one? are they any good  - or bad?  :shrug:

http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/grip_saver_plus.html

Feels a bit weird to exercise the opposing grip muscles...
T

Bolderer

#1 Re: Grip Saver Plus...
December 30, 2009, 11:02:34 pm
bad.  those little black finger thingies break very easily.  I sent back 2 to metolius who informed me they were "aware of the problem."

nik at work

• forum hero
#2 Re: Grip Saver Plus...
December 31, 2009, 10:48:10 am
Tanman has one. This suggests it's either good for your climbing or your melanin count...

Canary M Burns

• Shatner's Bassoon Engineer
#3 Re: Grip Saver Plus...
December 31, 2009, 11:03:24 am
I've had two of these. First one was half-eaten by a dog after the black rubber bit snapped. The second has been hidden in the house by my 18 mth daughter, though that one has yet to snap.

I was keeping it in my work van along with my other finger devices for when i'm stuck in traffic, i used to pass the time 'training', though some folks say the benefits don't cross over...

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#4 Re: Grip Saver Plus...
December 31, 2009, 01:39:28 pm
No comment on the product but the exercise itself is useful; you can achieve the same using a thick elastic band - just open and close the band w/ your tips.  Strenny after a while, like.

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#5 Re: Grip Saver Plus...
January 03, 2010, 11:07:48 am
I like mine, helps a bit when the 'Spanish archers' are aching. As already pointed out some thick rubber bands or flash ones from Iron mind (think that's the company) & a 5kg dumbell will do the job.

Dr T

• forum hero
#6 Re: Grip Saver Plus...
January 03, 2010, 05:37:49 pm
Got one of these for Xmas - seems OK - anyone used one? are they any good  - or bad?  :shrug:

http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/grip_saver_plus.html

Feels a bit weird to exercise the opposing grip muscles...
T
Agree with Bolderer the extender bits broke really easily on both the ones I had  >:(

No comment on the product but the exercise itself is useful; you can achieve the same using a thick elastic band - just open and close the band w/ your tips.  Strenny after a while, like.
yep I do the laccy band exercises whilst invigulating :-)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal