UKBouldering.com

Best Boulder Problems in the South East (Read 3614 times)

99a3136

Best Boulder Problems in the South East
December 10, 2009, 05:39:38 pm
I'm looking for some advice on the best boulder problems in the south east (southern sandstone) that are up to Font 6b.
Any advice would be great. I've been to both high rock & bowles, but haven't done too much bouldering, just a few sessions.

Cheers,
Paul

joel

• player
#1 Re: Best Boulder Problems in the South East
December 10, 2009, 06:26:19 pm
The latest guide has got all the good bouldering in  -

http://www.bmcshop.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=357_358_188&products_id=5312

Some good stuff at high rocks; around that grade that's the place to be. Be careful not to climb there until the rock has dried completely.

very out of date - there is probably a better one out there but I remember using this a few year ago

http://climb-guide.com/boulder-guide/high.html

i.munro

• junky
#2 Re: Best Boulder Problems in the South East
December 10, 2009, 06:42:31 pm
Be careful not to climb there until the rock has dried completely.

Yeah seconded with feeling. Everything is going to be soaking until spring after all this but, come the summer I'd say

Fandango SS (5+) & Fandango direct SS (6b)(obvious line about a metre to the L) at Bowles. Both jump from the break & both could be extended by traversing in low from the R.

At High: Lord (6a), Slap Happy (6a), the slab R of Brenva (6a+) , the arete just R of that(6b) ,the shallow groove just R of z'mutt finishing up z,mutt SS (6b).

Some grades are my opinion so wildly wrong & please,  please take a piece of carpet & clean your shoes before touching the rock. These problems are vanishing fast.

Bungle.

• player
#3 Re: Best Boulder Problems in the South East
December 11, 2009, 02:38:00 am
Or Better still climb into the car/train (no sitter required) and go to font further south east - great rock lots of problems at the grade your after and not a pile of choss

account_inactive

• forum hero
#4 Re: Best Boulder Problems in the South East
December 11, 2009, 10:35:24 am
beat me to it

Dr T

• forum hero

clgladiator

• menacing presence
  • a deceptively
    • Climbing Photography
#6 Re: Best Boulder Problems in the South East
December 11, 2009, 11:15:40 am
I'll second 'slap happy' also 'Iron wall' is quite a nice problem if you like crimps.

i.munro

• junky
#7 Re: Best Boulder Problems in the South East
December 11, 2009, 01:20:27 pm
Where's "Iron wall" then?

clgladiator

• menacing presence
  • a deceptively
    • Climbing Photography
#8 Re: Best Boulder Problems in the South East
December 11, 2009, 01:34:56 pm
This might be a little bit rusty as i'm in sheffield now and am lacking the guide, but as I remember its on the left hand side of the Isolated Boulder that faces the Hut Boulder, i.e. just round the corner from Happy Days. There are some crimps on the hardened iron deposit type stuff, there is also a sit into it at a harder grade (6C?).

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#9 Re: Best Boulder Problems in the South East
December 11, 2009, 04:03:03 pm
Or Better still climb into the car/train (no sitter required) and go to font further south east - great rock lots of problems at the grade your after and not a pile of choss

Oh don't be a hater it's all climbing. I would rather be in Font, but the sandy stuff 'aint that bad.

clgladiator

• menacing presence
  • a deceptively
    • Climbing Photography
#10 Re: Best Boulder Problems in the South East
December 11, 2009, 04:10:14 pm

Oh don't be a hater it's all climbing............. but the sandy stuff 'aint that bad.

A'men

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal