UKBouldering.com

Powerbar (Read 2244 times)

steven82

• player
Powerbar
December 02, 2009, 03:24:58 pm
Has anyone had any problems with this? I want to get one but just worried about the door frames and plasterboard. Theres a few good responses to it in the campus board thread but i was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with it damaging the frame at all as my door frames arent exactly the strongest.

chris05

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Powerbar
December 02, 2009, 05:04:05 pm
Mine is still going strong (with beastmaker attached with heavy duty backing board + blocks) after about a month of regular use. I had the same concerns but they seem to be holding up well and my door frames are piss weak.

benj_d

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Powerbar
December 05, 2009, 10:42:55 pm
my door frames arent brill. It has chipped some of the gloss paint and dented it a tiny bit but this could have been prevented if I had stuff something on the bar where it press downs on the door frame.

chillax

• forum abuser
#3 Re: Powerbar
December 05, 2009, 11:14:47 pm
Don't know about any effects it has on plasterboard, but it does dent the doorframe slightly on the side you're hanging (possibly not such an issue if you have more robust doorframes than me). I've found that a couple of strategically placed towels avoids any damage at all. One thing to be careful of though, make sure its lined up with the doorframe properly. I'd left mine up in the same doorframe for about a month and it must have shifted slightly sideways and I hadn't noticed, so just as i was putting weight on it the whole rig (bar+beastmaker frame) came flying off the wall. :oops:
I felt like a right numpty! No damage done, just make sure the thing is put up properly before you hang off it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal